Etodolac ext-rel Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Etodolac 400mg, 500mg, 600mg; ext rel tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Etodolac ext-rel Tablets:
Osteoarthritis. Rheumatoid arthritis.
400mg–1g once daily; max 1.2g/day.
Aspirin allergy. Late pregnancy. Coronary artery bypass graft surgery.
Discontinue if signs/symptoms of liver disease develop. History of upper GI disease. Asthma. Renal or hepatic impairment. Advanced kidney disease: not recommended. Heart failure. Hypertension. Edema. Bleeding disorders. Monitor blood, hepatic, renal, and ocular function in chronic use. Dehydrated. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antacids reduce serum levels. Avoid salicylates, phenylbutazone. Monitor anticoagulants, cyclosporine, lithium, digoxin, methotrexate. Renal toxicity may be potentiated with diuretics. May antagonize ACE inhibitors.
NSAID (pyranocarboxylic acid deriv.).
Dyspepsia, GI upset, edema, asthenia/malaise, dizziness, dysuria, urinary frequency, depression, nervousness, renal or hepatic toxicity, rash (discontinue if occurs), pruritus, chills/fever, GI bleed, peptic ulcer. See literature re: risk of cardiovascular events.
Formerly known under the brand names Lodine (caps, tabs); Lodine XL (ext-rel tabs).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations Not Completely Reflective of Race, Age
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|