New research indicates that men with naturally high levels of the female hormone estrogen may have a greater risk of developing breast cancer.
What vaginal lubricants are available for for women with hormone-receptor positive (HR+) cancer?
Aerobic exercise may reduce breast cancer risk by changing estrogen metabolism to produce more of the metabolites that keep the disease at bay.
Most older women with early breast cancer are more likely to avoid mastectomy by following lumpectomy with radiation, contrary to current thinking.
Coadministration of anastrozole (Arimidex) and fulvestrant (Faslodex) improved survival in women with HR-positive metastatic breast cancer.
Overweight women with breast cancer were found to have more estrogen remaining after hormone-suppressing therapy than did women of healthy weight.
Using positron emission tomography (PET) to image progesterone receptor status in breast tumors may show who on hormone therapy will benefit.
For women with estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer, mutations ID aromatase inhibitor response.
A vaccine significantly increased survival in mice with breast cancer when given with the hormonal therapy letrozole, but not with tamoxifen.
Risk increased with estrogen, estrogen progesterone; no increase in fatal breast cancer.
Women who used estrogen after hysterectomy appear to be nearly 25% less likely to develop breast cancer and nearly 63% less likely to die from it.
Discontinuing hormone therapy may lead to tumor regression in breast cancer, indicate the results of a new study.
Positron emission tomography (PET) can help pinpoint a breast cancer diagnosis and predict prognosis in an aggressive form of the disease.
Many women who underwent accelerated partial breast irradiation using brachytherapy were deemed cautionary or unsuitable for the procedure based on guidelines later issued by ASTRO.
Long-term follow-up data suggest that adjuvant zoledronic acid results in highly significant disease-free and overall survival, mainly in patients with low levels of estrogen.
MRI measures were related to prognostic tumor markers, suggesting that such imaging can provide valuable noninvasive characterization of tumor biology in people with breast cancer.
Administering anastrozole (Arimidex) and fulvestrant (Faslodex) in combination rather than in sequence extended overall survival by 6 months in women with metastatic breast cancer, researchers reported at the CTRC-AACR San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
Metformin, a widely used agent in the treatment of type 2 diabetes, stopped a number of natural and man-made chemicals from stimulating the growth of breast cancer cells.
Clinical outcome can be predicted shortly after administration of the HDAC inhibitor entinostat among women with metastatic breast cancer, according to the company that developed the agent.
GPs should advise women to continue taking HRT, despite claims linking it to breast cancer, according to an expert on the menopause.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|