New research indicates that men with naturally high levels of the female hormone estrogen may have a greater risk of developing breast cancer.
What vaginal lubricants are available for for women with hormone-receptor positive (HR+) cancer?
Aerobic exercise may reduce breast cancer risk by changing estrogen metabolism to produce more of the metabolites that keep the disease at bay.
Most older women with early breast cancer are more likely to avoid mastectomy by following lumpectomy with radiation, contrary to current thinking.
Coadministration of anastrozole (Arimidex) and fulvestrant (Faslodex) improved survival in women with HR-positive metastatic breast cancer.
Overweight women with breast cancer were found to have more estrogen remaining after hormone-suppressing therapy than did women of healthy weight.
Using positron emission tomography (PET) to image progesterone receptor status in breast tumors may show who on hormone therapy will benefit.
For women with estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer, mutations ID aromatase inhibitor response.
A vaccine significantly increased survival in mice with breast cancer when given with the hormonal therapy letrozole, but not with tamoxifen.
Risk increased with estrogen, estrogen progesterone; no increase in fatal breast cancer.
Women who used estrogen after hysterectomy appear to be nearly 25% less likely to develop breast cancer and nearly 63% less likely to die from it.
Discontinuing hormone therapy may lead to tumor regression in breast cancer, indicate the results of a new study.
Positron emission tomography (PET) can help pinpoint a breast cancer diagnosis and predict prognosis in an aggressive form of the disease.
Many women who underwent accelerated partial breast irradiation using brachytherapy were deemed cautionary or unsuitable for the procedure based on guidelines later issued by ASTRO.
Long-term follow-up data suggest that adjuvant zoledronic acid results in highly significant disease-free and overall survival, mainly in patients with low levels of estrogen.
MRI measures were related to prognostic tumor markers, suggesting that such imaging can provide valuable noninvasive characterization of tumor biology in people with breast cancer.
Administering anastrozole (Arimidex) and fulvestrant (Faslodex) in combination rather than in sequence extended overall survival by 6 months in women with metastatic breast cancer, researchers reported at the CTRC-AACR San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
Metformin, a widely used agent in the treatment of type 2 diabetes, stopped a number of natural and man-made chemicals from stimulating the growth of breast cancer cells.
Clinical outcome can be predicted shortly after administration of the HDAC inhibitor entinostat among women with metastatic breast cancer, according to the company that developed the agent.
GPs should advise women to continue taking HRT, despite claims linking it to breast cancer, according to an expert on the menopause.
- Immunotherapy May Benefit Some Patients with Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma
- Screening Recommendations for Children with Common Cancer Predisposition Syndromes
- Significance of Prostate Cancer Treatment-Related Factors Differ in Black, White Men
- New Study Questions Standard Dosage for Treating Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Superior Tolerability, Efficacy With Alectinib in Treatment-Naïve ALK-poistive NSCLC
- Survivorship Care Plans: Providing A Blueprint for Health Care After Cancer
- Cancer Recurrence Fear Reduced by Novel Psychological Intervention
- Multifaceted Role of the Nurse Navigator Includes Palliative, Supportive Care
- Patient Navigators Found to Boost Lung Cancer Screening Rates
- Lack of Transfusion Services a Barrier to Hospice Care for Patients With Blood Cancers
- Breast Cancer Overdiagnosis Also a Result of Screening Mammography Programs
- Use of Aspirin, NSAIDs Correlates with Improved Overall Survival in Colorectal Cancer
- Cancer Risk Not Increased by Childhood Exposure to Diagnostic Radiation
- Aspirin Use May Lower Breast Cancer Risk in Women with Diabetes
- Ethnic Differences, Cultural Barriers Negatively Impact Mammography Follow-up Among Asian Ethnic Groups
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|