A retrospective evaluation investigated the association between risk of esophageal cancer, metabolic syndrome, Barrett esophagus, and GERD in older persons.
[Journal of Gastrointestinal Oncology] This research examines factors associated with survival in patients with brain metastasis from esophageal cancer.
Applying evolutionary theory improves the accuracy of predicting in which patients Barrett's esophagus will progress to esophageal adenocarcinoma.
Using a computer algorithm to scan images of the esophagus for signs of early esophageal cancer is nearly as accurate as top specialists.
Drinking scalding coffee, tea, or yerba mate might increase the risk of developing esophageal cancer according to the World Health Organization. Beverages hotter than 149°F (65°C) might increase the risk of developing esophageal cancer.
Bacteria that cause gum disease, Porphyromonas gingivalis, frequently infect the esophageal tissues of patients with esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC), were associated with ESCC progression, and serve as a potential biomarker for ESCC.
Gains in surgical proficiency in esophagectomy for cancer are associated with measurable improvements in short-term and long-term mortality results.
Reliance on PET to Detect Lung or Esophageal Cancer Recurrence May Lead to Overuse of the Imaging ModalityMarch 09, 2016
In posttreatment follow-up of lung and esophageal cancer, PET scans might be overused to detect cancer recurrence. Furthermore, PET scan use to detect recurrence does not increase survival.
Chemosensory and food-related changes significantly impacted food preferences and had practical and social consequences.
No significant difference in survival was observed with VTE, but odds of esophageal cancer ecurrence are increased.
Endoscopic submucosal dissection is found to be a safe and effective treatment for patients with superficial pharyngeal cancer, according to a recent study.
Mortality Rates in Patients With Esophageal Cancer Are Lower With The Use of Intensity-modulated RadiotherapyJanuary 07, 2016
Intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) is significantly associated with lower all-cause, cardiac, and other-cause mortality rates in patients with esophageal cancer.
Concurrent Chemoradiotherapy Using Paclitaxel Plus Cisplatin in the Treatment of Elderly Patients With Esophageal CancerNovember 27, 2015
The purpose of this research was to examine both efficiency and safety of concurrent chemoradiotherapy (CCRT) using paclitaxel combined with cisplatin in elderly esophageal cancer patients.
A phase Ia clinical trial demonstrated that Tregs, immune cells that can inhibit anticancer immune responses, were efficiently eliminated from the blood of patients with lung or esophageal cancer when treated with the investigational therapeutic antibody KW-0761.
A nurse-led walk-and-eat intervention is feasible and effective to preserve functional walking capacity and nutritional status in patients with esophageal cancer undergoing neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy.
New procedure allows doctors to collect cells from all along the esophagus, whereas standard biopsies take individual point samples.
New research indicates that treating patients with esophageal cancer with proton therapy produces fewer toxic side effects than utilizing older radiation therapies.
The rate of esophageal cancer rates in men have climbed radically since the 1980s, according to new statistics from Cancer Research UK.
Patients with esophageal cancer treated with proton therapy experienced significantly fewer adverse events.
A new study focuses on survival outcomes of patients with locally advanced esophageal cancer (LAEC) beyond the 5-year mark.
Improved survival and treatment response was seen in HPV-16 positive patients.
Overweight children may have an increased risk for esophageal cancer when grow up compared with slimmer children.
A new minimally invasive test can be used to identify patients with reflux symptoms to diagnose Barrett's esophagus.
According to a new study published in the Journal of Clinical Oncology, researchers have found that in patients with esophageal cancer and no history of psychiatric morbidity, psychiatric morbidity increases following surgery.
Patients with a specific type of esophageal cancer survived longer when they were given the latest lung cancer drug, according to trial results.
The esophagus has its own pool of stem cells despite previous findings that suggest the opposite.
Risks of claims alleging failure to screen for esophageal cancer arising from acts of commission, omission are similarly low.
Taller individuals are less likely to develop Barrett's esophagus and esophageal cancer.
For patients with advanced esophageal cancer, dysphagia is improved with radiotherapy alone, according to a study.
Findings of a trial could lead to a new treatment approach for oesophageal cancer.
- Prehabilitation Program Improves Preoperative Fitness in Patients With Colorectal Cancer
- Acupuncture Improves Postoperative Symptoms in Women Undergoing Surgery for Breast Cancer
- Alcohol Consumption, Particularly White Wine, Associated With Increased Risk of Melanoma
- Combination of Gemcitabine and New CHK1 Inhibitor Is Effective in Soft Tissue Sarcomas
- Omitting RT in Certain Older Women With Early Breast Cancer is Safe
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Timing Chemotherapy Administration to Circadian Rhythm Improves Drug Effectiveness
- New Therapy Blocks Breast Cancer Cells From Entering and Hiding in Bone Marrow to Form Latent Metastases
- Community Breast Navigation Program Improved Breast Screening Rates in Underserved African American and Latino Women
- Live-streamed Videos Address End-of-Life Planning, Decision-making
- Metastatic Disease Linked to Patients Reporting Diminished QoL
- History of Bilateral Salpingo-oophorectomy, Hormone Replacement Therapy Are Predictive of Breast Density at Cancer Diagnosis
- Mammographically Occult Contralateral Breast Cancer Detection is Effective With Preoperative MRI
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|