Ergotamine tartrate + Caffeine Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ergotamine tartrate 1mg, caffeine 100mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Ergotamine tartrate + Caffeine Tablets:
Migraine, migraine variants, cluster headaches.
2 tablets at onset of attack, then 1 tablet every ½ hour if needed; max 6 tabs/attack, 10 tabs/week.
Peripheral vascular disease. Coronary heart disease. Hypertension. Hepatic or renal dysfunction. Sepsis. Concomitant potent CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ritonavir, nelfinavir, indinavir, erythromycin, clarithromycin, troleandomycin, ketoconazole, itraconazole) or other vasoconstrictors. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Monitor for ergotism; do not exceed recommended dose. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications. Potentiated by CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, protease inhibitors, macrolides, azole antifungals, saquinavir, nefazodone, fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, grapefruit juice, zileuton), propranolol, nicotine. Severe hypertension with sympathomimetics.
Vasoconstrictive complications or ergotism (eg, ischemia, cold extremities, vasospasm, ECG changes, hyper- or hypotension, numbness, gangrene, dizziness), precordial or muscle pain, tachycardia, bradycardia, nausea, vomiting, local edema, itching; rarely: retroperitoneal and pleuropulmonary fibrosis, cardiac valve fibrosis (chronic use).
Supps formerly known under the brand names Cafergot, Migergot.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations Not Completely Reflective of Race, Age
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|