Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR)
For patients with non-small cell lung cancer who have EGFR mutations and brain metastases, progression-free survival was improved with afatinib compared to chemotherapy.
LUX-Lung 7 Trials Shows Afatinib Achieves Better Response Than Gefitinib in Patients With EGFR-mutated Lung CancerJanuary 05, 2016
In the global, randomized, open-label phase IIb LUX-Lung 7 trial, efficacy across a range of clinically relevant end points, such as progression-free survival, time-to-treatment failure, and objective response rate, was significantly improved with afatinib vs. gefitinib.
Sym004, a mixture of two anti-epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) antibodies, was found to be clinically active in patients with advanced colorectal cancer that had become anti-EGFR therapy resistant.
A recent study has found that, within the Asian population, the frequency of epidermal growth factor receptor mutations associated with other demographic and clinical characteristics is higher than previously reported, even in patients with a history of smoking.
The investigational drug AZD9291, a third-generation epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) inhibitor, showed promise in preclinical studies and provides hope for patients with advanced lung cancers that have become resistant to existing EGFR inhibitors.
The FDA has granted orphan drug designation to a cancer stem cell inhibitor known as VS-6063, or defactinib, for use in the treatment of mesothelioma, a rare form of lung cancer.
Which patients, if any, should receive prophylactic antibiotics when starting therapy with epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) inhibitors?
Lung cancer in women who have never smoked is more frequently associated with EGFR mutations and estrogen receptor overexpression, according to a new study.
Patients with epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) exon 20 insertions have similar clinical characteristics to those with common EGFR mutations but have a poorer response, according to a recent study.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Resolving Vaginal Dryness in Women With a History of Breast Cancer
- FDA Issues Warning for Rolapitant Injectable Emulsion in the Treatment of CINV
- Risk Factors for Arterial, Venous Thrombosis Differ in Polycythemia Vera
- Distinct Patterns of Shiny White Streaks Strong Indicator of Melanoma
- Survival Outcomes in Relapsed Hepatocellular Carcinoma Improved With Cabozantinib
- Pertuzumab Regimen Approved for Adjuvant, Neoadjuvant Therapy in Specific Breast Cancers
- Common Oncologic Emergencies That Occur With Multiple Myeloma
- Artificial Sweeteners and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Blueberry Extract May Boost Efficacy of Radiotherapy for Cervical Cancer
- Dietary Estrogens Reduced Efficacy of Novel Breast Cancer Therapy
- When There Are No Words: Interpreting Patients' and Families' Subtle Messages
- Depression Predictive of Poor Survival Outcomes in Head and Neck Cancer
- Nearly One Third of Veterans Report Current Tobacco Use
- Priority Review of New Drug Application Granted to Apalutamide for CRPC
- Partial Response Achieved With Atezolizumab, Cobimetinib in Pretreated CRC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|