Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR)
For patients with non-small cell lung cancer who have EGFR mutations and brain metastases, progression-free survival was improved with afatinib compared to chemotherapy.
LUX-Lung 7 Trials Shows Afatinib Achieves Better Response Than Gefitinib in Patients With EGFR-mutated Lung CancerJanuary 05, 2016
In the global, randomized, open-label phase IIb LUX-Lung 7 trial, efficacy across a range of clinically relevant end points, such as progression-free survival, time-to-treatment failure, and objective response rate, was significantly improved with afatinib vs. gefitinib.
Sym004, a mixture of two anti-epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) antibodies, was found to be clinically active in patients with advanced colorectal cancer that had become anti-EGFR therapy resistant.
A recent study has found that, within the Asian population, the frequency of epidermal growth factor receptor mutations associated with other demographic and clinical characteristics is higher than previously reported, even in patients with a history of smoking.
The investigational drug AZD9291, a third-generation epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) inhibitor, showed promise in preclinical studies and provides hope for patients with advanced lung cancers that have become resistant to existing EGFR inhibitors.
The FDA has granted orphan drug designation to a cancer stem cell inhibitor known as VS-6063, or defactinib, for use in the treatment of mesothelioma, a rare form of lung cancer.
Which patients, if any, should receive prophylactic antibiotics when starting therapy with epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) inhibitors?
Lung cancer in women who have never smoked is more frequently associated with EGFR mutations and estrogen receptor overexpression, according to a new study.
Patients with epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) exon 20 insertions have similar clinical characteristics to those with common EGFR mutations but have a poorer response, according to a recent study.
- Novel Colonoscopy Prep Is Poised to Improve Screening Rates for Colon Cancer
- How Physical Changes From Breast Cancer Affect Self-Image: Considerations for Clinicians
- Short-Term Intervention May Have Long-term Diet Effect in Hispanic Breast Cancer Survivors
- Panobinostat Modestly Improves OS in Relapsed Multiple Myeloma
- Olanzapine Efficacious for Treatment of Breakthrough CINV
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Sugar and Cancer: Mitigating the Affects of Diet on Cancer
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Hydroxyurea May Improve Kidney Function in PV-Associated Nephrotic Syndrome
- Childhood Cancer Linked to Poor Diet Quality in Adult Survivors
- Atypical Teratoid/rhabdoid Tumors: Challenges and Search for Solutions
- New Research Identifies Potential Bladder Cancer Chemotherapy Side Effect
- Pseudohyperkalemia: False Potassium Levels Occur in a Patient With Lymphoma
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|