Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR)
For patients with non-small cell lung cancer who have EGFR mutations and brain metastases, progression-free survival was improved with afatinib compared to chemotherapy.
LUX-Lung 7 Trials Shows Afatinib Achieves Better Response Than Gefitinib in Patients With EGFR-mutated Lung CancerJanuary 05, 2016
In the global, randomized, open-label phase IIb LUX-Lung 7 trial, efficacy across a range of clinically relevant end points, such as progression-free survival, time-to-treatment failure, and objective response rate, was significantly improved with afatinib vs. gefitinib.
Sym004, a mixture of two anti-epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) antibodies, was found to be clinically active in patients with advanced colorectal cancer that had become anti-EGFR therapy resistant.
A recent study has found that, within the Asian population, the frequency of epidermal growth factor receptor mutations associated with other demographic and clinical characteristics is higher than previously reported, even in patients with a history of smoking.
The investigational drug AZD9291, a third-generation epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) inhibitor, showed promise in preclinical studies and provides hope for patients with advanced lung cancers that have become resistant to existing EGFR inhibitors.
The FDA has granted orphan drug designation to a cancer stem cell inhibitor known as VS-6063, or defactinib, for use in the treatment of mesothelioma, a rare form of lung cancer.
Which patients, if any, should receive prophylactic antibiotics when starting therapy with epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) inhibitors?
Lung cancer in women who have never smoked is more frequently associated with EGFR mutations and estrogen receptor overexpression, according to a new study.
Patients with epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) exon 20 insertions have similar clinical characteristics to those with common EGFR mutations but have a poorer response, according to a recent study.
- Immunotherapy May Benefit Some Patients with Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma
- New Study Questions Standard Dosage for Treating Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Clinical Trials May Benefit Oncology Patients
- Aspirin Use May Lower Breast Cancer Risk in Women with Diabetes
- Cancer Risk Not Increased by Childhood Exposure to Diagnostic Radiation
- Survivorship Care Plans: Providing A Blueprint for Health Care After Cancer
- Cancer Recurrence Fear Reduced by Novel Psychological Intervention
- Multifaceted Role of the Nurse Navigator Includes Palliative, Supportive Care
- Patient Navigators Found to Boost Lung Cancer Screening Rates
- Breast Cancer Diagnosis and Nurse Navigation Survey
- Radiotherapy is Essential in Treating Brain Tumors But Associated With Significant Adverse Events
- Prostate-specific PET and CT Imaging Improves Detection of Disease and Patient Care
- Lenvatinib Improves OS, PFS in Radioiodine-Refractory Differentiated Thyroid Cancer in All Older Patients
- Breast Cancer Overdiagnosis Also a Result of Screening Mammography Programs
- Use of Aspirin, NSAIDs Correlates with Improved Overall Survival in Colorectal Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|