Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR)
For patients with non-small cell lung cancer who have EGFR mutations and brain metastases, progression-free survival was improved with afatinib compared to chemotherapy.
LUX-Lung 7 Trials Shows Afatinib Achieves Better Response Than Gefitinib in Patients With EGFR-mutated Lung CancerJanuary 05, 2016
In the global, randomized, open-label phase IIb LUX-Lung 7 trial, efficacy across a range of clinically relevant end points, such as progression-free survival, time-to-treatment failure, and objective response rate, was significantly improved with afatinib vs. gefitinib.
Sym004, a mixture of two anti-epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) antibodies, was found to be clinically active in patients with advanced colorectal cancer that had become anti-EGFR therapy resistant.
A recent study has found that, within the Asian population, the frequency of epidermal growth factor receptor mutations associated with other demographic and clinical characteristics is higher than previously reported, even in patients with a history of smoking.
The investigational drug AZD9291, a third-generation epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) inhibitor, showed promise in preclinical studies and provides hope for patients with advanced lung cancers that have become resistant to existing EGFR inhibitors.
The FDA has granted orphan drug designation to a cancer stem cell inhibitor known as VS-6063, or defactinib, for use in the treatment of mesothelioma, a rare form of lung cancer.
Which patients, if any, should receive prophylactic antibiotics when starting therapy with epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) inhibitors?
Lung cancer in women who have never smoked is more frequently associated with EGFR mutations and estrogen receptor overexpression, according to a new study.
Patients with epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) exon 20 insertions have similar clinical characteristics to those with common EGFR mutations but have a poorer response, according to a recent study.
- Health Care Expansion Tied to Increased Rates of Surgical Treatment of Thyroid Cancer
- JAK1, JAK2 Inhibition Improves Outcomes in Myeloproliferative Neoplasms, But More Is Needed
- Hormone Refractory Prostate Cancer Responds to Abiraterone Acetate in Some Cases
- Beans, Whole Grains in Diet Beneficial for Colorectal Cancer Survivors
- Thyroid Cancer Incidence Increasing Among Younger, Hispanic, African American Populations
- Exercise, Psychological Interventions Better for Cancer Fatigue Than Medications
- ASCO Issues Global Guidance for HPV Vaccination for Cervical Cancer Prevention
- Discharge Events Improved With Standardized Inpatient Palliative Care Consultation
- Little Opposition to Early Palliative Care for Symptom Management in Pediatric Oncology
- Physical Activity Improves Outcomes for Patients with Breast Cancer and Survivors
- Primary Care Physicians Surveyed on Breast Cancer Screening Practices
- Low Acculturated Latina Women Reported Breast Cancer Treatment Experience Differently Than Other Groups
- Cost and Complication Rates Differ Among Early Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Distress Management Tool Gets an Update, Patient Version
- PSA Screening Rates Level Off in United States
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|