ENTOCORT EC Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Budesonide (micronized) 3mg; e-c granules in caps.
Indications for ENTOCORT EC:
Treatment of mild-to-moderate active Crohn's disease of the ileum and/or ascending colon in patients ≥8yrs of age and maintenance of clinical remission for up to 3 months in adults.
Swallow whole. Treatment: 9mg once daily in the AM for up to 8 wks; may repeat an 8-week course. Maintenance of remission: 6mg once daily for up to 3 months. Taper other systemic steroids when transferring to budesonide. Moderate hepatic impairment: consider 3mg once daily. Severe hepatic impairment: avoid.
<8yrs: not established. Treatment: 8–17yrs (>25kg): 9mg once daily in the AM for up to 8 wks, then 6mg once daily for 2 wks.
Systemic fungal, viral, or mycobacterial infections. Hypertension. Diabetes. Osteoporosis. Peptic ulcer. Glaucoma. Cataracts. If exposed to chickenpox or measles, consider prophylactic passive immune therapy. Supplement with systemic steroid in surgery and stress. Caution when transferring from steroids with high systemic availability. Moderate hepatic impairment: monitor for hypercorticism and consider reducing the dose. Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Avoid grapefruit juice. Systemic effects potentiated by CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, itraconazole, ritonavir, indinavir, saquinavir, erythromycin, cyclosporine); avoid.
Headache, respiratory infection, nausea, back pain, dyspepsia, dizziness, abdominal pain, flatulence, vomiting, fatigue, pain; hypercorticism.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|