Generic Name and Formulations:
Darifenacin (as HBr) 7.5mg, 15mg; ext-rel tabs.
Indications for ENABLEX:
Overactive bladder with symptoms of urge urinary incontinence, urgency and frequency.
Swallow whole with liquid. Initially 7.5mg once daily; may increase to 15mg once daily after 2 weeks. Moderate hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh B), concomitant potent CYP3A4 inhibitors: max 7.5mg once daily.
Patients with or at risk for: urinary or gastric retention, uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma.
Severe hepatic impairment: not recommended. Bladder outflow obstruction. GI obstruction. Severe constipation. Ulcerative colitis. Myasthenia gravis. Controlled narrow-angle glaucoma. Monitor for CNS effects esp. after initiation or dose increases; consider reducing dose or discontinue if occurs. High environmental temperatures. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Potentiated by potent CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, itraconazole, ritonavir, nelfinavir, clarithromycin, nefazadone); see Adult. May potentiate CYP2D6 substrates with narrow therapeutic indexes (eg, flecainide, thioridazine, TCAs). Additive anticholinergic effects with other anticholinergics.
Constipation, dry mouth, headache, dyspepsia, nausea, UTI, accidental injury, flu symptoms; angioedema (discontinue if occurs), CNS effects (eg, confusion, hallucination, somnolence).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|