Generic Name and Formulations:
Mebendazole 100mg; chew tabs.
Impax Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for EMVERM:
Enterobiasis (pinworm). Trichuriasis (whipworm). Ascariasis (common roundworm). Uncinariasis (common or American hookworm).
Adults and Children:
Chew, swallow or crush and mix with food. Enterobiasis: 100mg as a single dose. Other parasites: 100mg AM and PM for 3 consecutive days. May repeat after 3 weeks.
Periodically assess organ system functions including hematopoietic and hepatic during prolonged therapy. Children <2 years. Pregnancy (Cat.C): not recommended (esp. during 1st trimester). Nursing mothers.
May be potentiated by cimetidine.
Abdominal pain, diarrhea; rare: hypersensitivity reactions, convulsions, neutropenia, agranulocytosis, hepatitis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
- Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Test for Select BRCA Mutations Gets FDA Nod
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|