Generic Name and Formulations:
Pentosan polysulfate sodium 100mg; caps.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for ELMIRON:
Bladder pain/discomfort due to interstitial cystitis.
Take with water 1 hr before or 2 hrs after meals. ≥16yrs: 100mg 3 times daily. Reevaluate at 3 and 6 months.
<16yrs: not recommended.
Bleeding or risk of bleeding (eg, surgery, aneurysm, GI ulcer, polyps). History of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia. Hepatic insufficiency. Splenic disorders. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Caution with drugs that increase bleeding risk (eg, anticoagulants, tPA, aspirin, NSAIDs).
Alopecia, GI upset, headache, rash, abdominal pain, hepatic dysfunction, dizziness, increased prothrombin time, hemorrhage.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Intervention Improves Breast Cancer Survivors' Memory Contentment
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Bedside Assessment Tool Improves Worst Pain in Patients With Cancer
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- USPSTF Rates Ovarian Cancer Screening a D for Asymptomatic, Low-Risk Women
- Colorectal Cancer Screening Rate Increased by Digital Self-Ordering
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|