Generic Name and Formulations:
Pimecrolimus 1%; crm.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for ELIDEL:
Second-line therapy: for short-term and non-continuous chronic treatment of mild-to-moderate atopic dermatitis in non-immunocompromised patients when other topical therapies are inadvisable or ineffective.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: apply to affected area(s) twice daily. Do not occlude.
Clear infections at treatment site before starting. Netherton's syndrome, generalized erythroderma, malignant or pre-malignant skin conditions: not recommended. Varicella zoster. Eczema herpeticum. Herpes simplex. Consider discontinuing if lymphadenopathy of unknown etiology or acute infectious mononucleosis occurs. Consider discontinuing until warts clear if skin papillomas worsen or are unresponsive. Avoid sun, UV light. Reevaluate if no improvement after 6 weeks. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Caution with CYP3A inhibitors in widespread and/or erythrodermic disease.
Local reactions (eg, burning), nasopharyngitis, pyrexia, cough, headache, others; rare: malignancy (eg, skin, lymphoma).
Crm—30g, 60g, 100g
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Age Not a Deterrent to Immunotherapy for Malignant Melanoma
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Bedside Assessment Tool Improves Worst Pain in Patients With Cancer
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- USPSTF Rates Ovarian Cancer Screening a D for Asymptomatic, Low-Risk Women
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|