Generic Name and Formulations:
Taliglucerase alfa (recombinant) 200 Units; per vial; lyophilized pwd; for IV infusion after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Indications for ELELYSO:
Long-term enzyme replacement therapy (ERT) for patients with confirmed Type 1 Gaucher disease.
Adults and Children:
<4yrs: not established. Give by IV infusion over 60–120 minutes. ≥4yrs: 60 Units/kg once every 2 weeks. Begin treatment with Elelyso at the same dose when switching from imiglucerase.
Have appropriate medical support available. Closely monitor patients during and after the infusion. Discontinue if anaphylaxis occurs and treat appropriately. Reduce or temporarily interrupt infusion, or administer antihistamines, corticosteroids and/or antipyretics if hypersensitivity reactions occur. Monitor for development of anti-drug antibodies. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Lysosomal glucocerebroside-specific enzyme.
Headache, arthralgia, fatigue, nausea, dizziness, abdominal pain, pruritus, flushing, vomiting, urticaria, extremity pain.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Ciprofloxacin Plus Doxycycline Reduces Infection Rate in Multiple Myeloma Post-ASCT
- Prognostic Significance of Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Expression in Glioma Patients
- Fathers Can Pass Inherited Ovarian Cancer Risk to Daughters
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|