Suggestions were offered on how to make EHRs more functional in practice, and reduce the associated regulatory burden.
The new EHR regulations modify Stage 2 of meaningful use program and finalize requirements for Stage 3.
Electronic triggers designed to search for key data were able to identify and reduce follow-up delays for patients being evaluated for a diagnosis of colon or prostate cancer.
Compared with survey five years earlier, fewer physicians report being satisfied or very satisfied with the use of their electronic health record (EHR) system.
Recent articles discussed the need to develop both a learning IT system for cancer that enables real-time data analysis from cancer patients in a variety of care settings.
Final rule relating to HIPAA allows patient or personal representative to access results directly from the laboratory.
Letter to HHS expresses concern about readiness for stage 2; urges flexibility in adoption.
Policies are established to help doctors navigate patient communication while using electronic devices.
Second study shows use of electronic health records increases uptake of CRC screening.
Rates of office visits, phone and ER encounters, after-hours clinic visits, hospitalizations up
ONS Connections: Electronic medical record can remind nurses to document post-pain medication scoresNovember 17, 2012
Use of an electronic medical record effectively reminded nurses to document post-pain medication scores, ensuring that prescribed pain medication remains effective.
Nurses working in hospitals with basic electronic health records report fewer problems with patient safety and quality-related outcomes.
- Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs May Prevent Breast Cancer Recurrence
- BBD Regimen Efficacious as First-line Therapy for Myeloma
- Idelalisib Increases Progression-Free Survival in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Trends in Behaviors, Medical Practice Indicate Mortality From Melanoma Will Decline
- Immunotherapy and the Future of Prostate Cancer Treatment
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Nut Consumption Inversely Associated With Lung Cancer Risk
- Use of Checkpoint Inhibitors in Urothelial Carcinoma
- Chemo + Radiotherapy Efficacious in Muscle-invasive Bladder Cancer
- Elderly with NSCLC Can Tolerate Aggressive Radiation Therapy Treatments
- Colorectal Cancer Risk Higher With Poor Metabolic Health vs Increased Weight
- Best Approach to Infection and Tumor Treatment: Contain or Eliminate?
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|