A navigator offers her take on how the ideal EHR system could unify the oncology care team toward the common goal of optimal patient outcomes.
Suggestions were offered on how to make EHRs more functional in practice, and reduce the associated regulatory burden.
The new EHR regulations modify Stage 2 of meaningful use program and finalize requirements for Stage 3.
Electronic triggers designed to search for key data were able to identify and reduce follow-up delays for patients being evaluated for a diagnosis of colon or prostate cancer.
Compared with survey five years earlier, fewer physicians report being satisfied or very satisfied with the use of their electronic health record (EHR) system.
Recent articles discussed the need to develop both a learning IT system for cancer that enables real-time data analysis from cancer patients in a variety of care settings.
Final rule relating to HIPAA allows patient or personal representative to access results directly from the laboratory.
Letter to HHS expresses concern about readiness for stage 2; urges flexibility in adoption.
Policies are established to help doctors navigate patient communication while using electronic devices.
Second study shows use of electronic health records increases uptake of CRC screening.
Rates of office visits, phone and ER encounters, after-hours clinic visits, hospitalizations up
ONS Connections: Electronic medical record can remind nurses to document post-pain medication scoresNovember 17, 2012
Use of an electronic medical record effectively reminded nurses to document post-pain medication scores, ensuring that prescribed pain medication remains effective.
Nurses working in hospitals with basic electronic health records report fewer problems with patient safety and quality-related outcomes.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Avoiding the ED: Planned Strategies for Unplanned Urgent Cancer Care
- NP-Led Clinics Improved Phase 1 Oncology Study Operations, Outcomes
- Art as Palliative Care: Bedside Intervention Improves Pain, Anxiety, Mood in Hospitalized Cancer Patients
- Unprotected Sex After Chemotherapy
- Mindfulness Training May Improve End-of-Life Conversations in Advanced Cancer
- Prognostic Factors for Survival Among Patients With Primary Bone Sarcomas of Small Bones
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- A Call for More Tailored Cancer Education Programs to Improve Screening
- Aligning Patient Goals With End of Life Treatment Decisions
- Study Suggests Greater Focus on the Needs of Family Caregivers of Patients With Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|