Suggestions were offered on how to make EHRs more functional in practice, and reduce the associated regulatory burden.
The new EHR regulations modify Stage 2 of meaningful use program and finalize requirements for Stage 3.
Electronic triggers designed to search for key data were able to identify and reduce follow-up delays for patients being evaluated for a diagnosis of colon or prostate cancer.
Compared with survey five years earlier, fewer physicians report being satisfied or very satisfied with the use of their electronic health record (EHR) system.
Recent articles discussed the need to develop both a learning IT system for cancer that enables real-time data analysis from cancer patients in a variety of care settings.
Final rule relating to HIPAA allows patient or personal representative to access results directly from the laboratory.
Letter to HHS expresses concern about readiness for stage 2; urges flexibility in adoption.
Policies are established to help doctors navigate patient communication while using electronic devices.
Second study shows use of electronic health records increases uptake of CRC screening.
Rates of office visits, phone and ER encounters, after-hours clinic visits, hospitalizations up
ONS Connections: Electronic medical record can remind nurses to document post-pain medication scoresNovember 17, 2012
Use of an electronic medical record effectively reminded nurses to document post-pain medication scores, ensuring that prescribed pain medication remains effective.
Nurses working in hospitals with basic electronic health records report fewer problems with patient safety and quality-related outcomes.
- Whole Genome Sequencing Reveals that 12% of Childhood Cancer Survivors Have Mutations in Genes that Increase Cancer Risk
- Increased 5-Year Survival Rate Seen in NSCLC Subset Treated With Nivolumab
- Novel Test For Multiple Myeloma Uses Microchip, Conventional Blood Sample
- Health Care Expansion Tied to Increased Rates of Surgical Treatment of Thyroid Cancer
- Including a PI3-Kinase Inhibitor with an PARP Inhibitor Improves Tumor Shrinkage in Patients with Resistant Ovarian Cancer
- Exercise, Psychological Interventions Better for Cancer Fatigue Than Medications
- ASCO Issues Global Guidance for HPV Vaccination for Cervical Cancer Prevention
- Discharge Events Improved With Standardized Inpatient Palliative Care Consultation
- Little Opposition to Early Palliative Care for Symptom Management in Pediatric Oncology
- Physical Activity Improves Outcomes for Patients with Breast Cancer and Survivors
- Family History Does Not Exclude Active Surveillance as Treatment Option for Prostate Cancer
- Beans, Whole Grains in Diet Beneficial for Colorectal Cancer Survivors
- Hormone Refractory Prostate Cancer Responds to Abiraterone Acetate in Some Cases
- Shifts in Cancer Burden for People With HIV Projected
- Tissue Biobank Procurement Consent Should Include Discussion of Confidentiality Risks
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|