A navigator offers her take on how the ideal EHR system could unify the oncology care team toward the common goal of optimal patient outcomes.
Suggestions were offered on how to make EHRs more functional in practice, and reduce the associated regulatory burden.
The new EHR regulations modify Stage 2 of meaningful use program and finalize requirements for Stage 3.
Electronic triggers designed to search for key data were able to identify and reduce follow-up delays for patients being evaluated for a diagnosis of colon or prostate cancer.
Compared with survey five years earlier, fewer physicians report being satisfied or very satisfied with the use of their electronic health record (EHR) system.
Recent articles discussed the need to develop both a learning IT system for cancer that enables real-time data analysis from cancer patients in a variety of care settings.
Final rule relating to HIPAA allows patient or personal representative to access results directly from the laboratory.
Letter to HHS expresses concern about readiness for stage 2; urges flexibility in adoption.
Policies are established to help doctors navigate patient communication while using electronic devices.
Second study shows use of electronic health records increases uptake of CRC screening.
Rates of office visits, phone and ER encounters, after-hours clinic visits, hospitalizations up
ONS Connections: Electronic medical record can remind nurses to document post-pain medication scoresNovember 17, 2012
Use of an electronic medical record effectively reminded nurses to document post-pain medication scores, ensuring that prescribed pain medication remains effective.
Nurses working in hospitals with basic electronic health records report fewer problems with patient safety and quality-related outcomes.
- Osteoporosis Medication Improves Bone Health in ADT-Treated Prostate Cancer
- Coping With Lymphedema: A Patient Guide (Fact Sheet)
- Inotuzumab Ozogamicin Granted FDA Approval for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Cabazitaxel in Prostate Cancer: Reduced Dose Noninferior to Standard Dose
- Risk of Some Cancers Higher in Women With a History of Periodontal Disease
- To Better Serve Patients With Cancer, Navigators Need Better Systems
- Physical Activity Improves Cognitive Function for Breast Cancer Survivors
- Risk of Lung Cancer Increases With Diets Higher in Saturated Fats
- Mechanisms Identified for Curcumin Resensitization of Cancer Cells
- Value of Type and Crossmatch Prior to Daratumumab Administration
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|