Generic Name and Formulations:
Difluprednate 0.05%; oph emulsion.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for DUREZOL:
Post-op inflammation and pain associated with ocular surgery. Endogenous anterior uveitis.
Post-op inflammation/pain: 1 drop into affected eye(s) 4 times daily beginning 24hrs after surgery, continue for 2 weeks post-op, followed by 2 times daily for a week, then taper based on response. Uveitis: 1 drop into affected eye(s) 4 times daily for 14 days, followed by tapering as clinically indicated.
Ocular fungal, viral, or mycobacterial infections.
Do not administer while wearing contacts. Corneal or scleral thinning. Glaucoma. History of herpes simplex. May mask or exacerbate ocular infections. Monitor IOP and for secondary infections in prolonged therapy (>10 days). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Corneal edema, ciliary and conjunctival hyperemia, eye pain, photophobia, posterior capsule opacification, anterior chamber cells and flare, conjunctival edema, blepharitis, blurred vision, eye irritation, headache, iritis, limbal hyperemia, punctate keratitis, uveitis; cataract formation, corneal perforation. Prolonged use may increase: IOP, optic nerve damage, visual acuity and field defects. May delay healing and increase bleb formation after cataract surgery.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
- Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Test for Select BRCA Mutations Gets FDA Nod
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|