Drug Side Effects
Although some previous studies have suggested an increased risk of bladder cancer with use of the diabetes drug pioglitazone, additional analysis has not found a statistically significant increased risk.
The side effects caused by potent chemotherapy regimens could possibly be considerably lessened by use of an intravenous nutrition source.
Peripheral neuropathy associated with nab-paclitaxel among chemotherapy-naïve patients can be managed by dose interruptions and modifications.
Case Report About Fatal or Near-Fatal Hypersensitivity Reactions to Cetuximab: Anticetuximab IgE as a Valuable Screening TestAugust 19, 2014
[Clin Med Insights Oncol] Hypersensitivity reactions are a classic and serious side effect of cetuximab.
Electroacupuncture (EA) produces significant improvements in fatigue, anxiety, and depression in as little as 8 weeks for patients with early stage breast cancer experiencing joint pain related to the use of aromatase inhibitors to treat breast cancer.
A newly developed opioid antagonist may offer relief from opioid-caused constipation.
Use of fertility drugs doesn't appear to increase a woman's long-term risk of breast, ovarian, and uterine cancers, new research indicates, but researchers still urge long-term monitoring.
The FDA issued an alert last Friday that some patients have reported feeling intoxicated after receiving their infusions of the chemotherapeutic drug, docetaxel.
In women with advanced (or metastatic) breast cancer, treatment with the breast cancer drug trastuzumab is associated with prolonged survival but also increases the risk of developing heart problems
A woman was diagnosed with advanced, incurable lung cancer that, in fact, was early stage, curable lung cancer with additional lung lesions due to a rare antibiotic side effect.
Women with ever use of clomiphene have no increased breast cancer risk, although women undergoing multiple clomiphene cycles have an increased risk of invasive breast cancer.
Has any medicine or supplement been shown to help lessen the severity of vincristine-related peripheral neuropathy?
How should myoclonus be managed in patients taking high-dose opioids?
A by-product of cholesterol functions like the hormone estrogen to fuel the growth and spread of the most common types of breast cancers, according to researchers.
Which cancer treatments can cause other cancers later in life?
Although pazopanib and sunitinib are similarly effective in patients with metastatic renal-cell cancer, pazopanib is associated with better safety and quality of life, according to a study.
What are some of the potential autonomic issues related to acute neurotoxicity from oxaliplatin?
What should nurses be aware of when administering denosumab?
One-quarter of women who should take hormone-blocking therapies as part of their breast cancer treatment either do not start or do not complete the 5-year course, according to a new study.
Patients undergoing chemotherapy for hematologic cancers are at risk for this complication. The review can help you learn how to assess their risk.
Interim results confirmed the "unprecedented" single-agent activity of ibrutinib in relapsed or refractory mantle cell lymphoma.
A new immunomodulatory drug under FDA review significantly increased survival in persons with multiple myeloma, including older patients.
The FDA has expanded the indication for abiraterone acetate (Zytiga tablets) to combat metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer.
The final data from a phase II study confirmed the high degree of activity of quizartinib in persons with acute myeloid leukemia.
Ibrutinib, which targets the Bruton's tyrosine kinase to combat chronic lymphocytic leukemia, showed promising results in two phase II studies.
Vorinostat, already used in lymphoma, reduces the risk of graft-versus-host disease after allogeneic hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation.
The 32-mg, single IV dose of the anti-nausea drug Zofran (ondansetron) will no longer be sold due to the potential for serious cardiac risks.
Persons with metastatic colorectal cancer or gastrointestinal stromal tumors may garner some survival benefit from regorafenib after standard treatments have failed.
Heart failure is relatively common in older women undergoing breast cancer treatment, but trastuzumab therapy appears to raise the risk even more.
Denosumab improved overall survival in persons with lung cancer and bone metastases more effectively than did zoledronic acid.
- Clinician Communication, Adherence to Protocols, and Presence of Pharmacists Improve Outcomes in ICUs
- Transforming the Care of Patients With Thyroid Cancer
- Immunotherapy Combination is Effective in Colorectal Cancer
- Comprehensive Mental Health Screening Recommended for Some Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Blood Biomarker Is Predictive of Risk for Colon Cancer Recurrence
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Cancer-related Neuropathy May Respond to Gene Therapy
- Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor Therapy Can Be Safely Stopped in Select Patients With CML in Chronic Phase
- Systematic Palliative Care Provides Greater Improvement in Quality of Life for Patients with Pancreatic Cancer
- Adjuvant Therapy Improves Survival in Stage II Colon Cancer, Study Confirms
- Hybrid Immune Cells Have Antitumor Effects in Early Stage Lung Cancer
- Fertility Risk Assessment and Preservation in Male and Female Prepubertal and Adolescent Cancer Patients
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|