Do you have any resources that give specific guidelines or even anecdotal sources on how to adjust etoposide dose in a patient taking Prezcobix?
Lumoxiti, a CD22-directed cytotoxin, has been approved for adult patients who have had at least two prior therapies for the disease.
In a recent report, researchers evaluate the efficacy of newer 5HT3-RAs for the prevention of CINV in patients with cancer receiving moderately or highly emetogenic chemotherapy.
A phase 1 dose-finding study determined which of 2 lurbinectedin dosing schedules had greater effectiveness and fewer AEs in patients with relapsed/refractory MDS or AML.
The manufacturer of daratumumab, a CD38-directed antibody for the treatment of multiple myeloma, has submitted a sBLA and a type II variation to the US FDA and European Medicines Agency, respectively, for approval of a split dosing regimen.
Mogamulizumab-kpkc (Poteligeo), a humanized monoclonal antibody that targets CCR4, provides a new treatment option for patients with MF and is the first FDA-approved therapy for SS.
Are there resources that outline if chemo premeds must be mixed in the laminar air flow hood?
A review and meta-analysis evaluated the association between metformin use and bladder cancer incidence and various prognostic measures, such as PFS and OS.
Approval was granted for the treatment of patients with unresectable or metastatic BRAF V600E or V600K mutation-positive melanoma.
In a poster presentation at the 23rd Congress of EHA, researchers described a study of the efficacy of romiplastim in achieving a platelet response in pediatric patients with immune thrombocytopenia.
The 18-month progression-free survival rate was 71.6% among patients treated with daratumumab plus VMP compared with 50.2% among patients treated with VMP alone.
Duvelisib, a first-in-class dual inhibitor of PI3K-delta and -gamma, was evaluated in patients with relapsed/refractory CLL/SLL and in patients with refractory indolent non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
In fielding reports of CNS-related adverse effects from patients in the ambulatory infusion room, nurses were able to prompt a pharmacy practice review. The outcomes of the resulting switch in premedication for HSR was presented at the 2018 ONS Annual Congress.
The US FDA granted approval based on results from ARIEL3, a randomized clinical trial conducted with 561 eligible cancer patients.
Accelerated approval was granted by the FDA based on the results of a single-arm trial.
FDA grants approval to immunotherapy combination in the treatment of unresectable and metastatic BRAF V600E mutation-positive anaplastic thyroid cancer (ATC).
Enfortumab vedotin was granted Breakthrough Therapy Designation by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), based on interim results from a Phase 1 study.
Based on results of a prospective and retrospective study evaluating emetogenic potential of 50 chemotherapeutic regimens, researchers suggest changing the classification of irinotecan.
The US FDA granted approval to fostamatinib (Tavalisse), a kinase inhibitor, for the treatment of thrombocytopenia in patients with chronic IPT who have had an insufficient response to a previous treatment.
A majority of study respondents reported wanting to be informed about the differences in a drug substitution's efficacy or side effects.
Why is the antipsychotic olanzapine (Zyprexa) being used to prevent nausea?
The US FDA approved expanding the indications for the agent to include pediatric and adult patients with B-cell precursor ALL who have minimal residual disease during or after treatment.
FDA Fast Track designation was supported by data from a Phase 2 study reviewing pamrevlumab in combination with gemcitabine and nab-paclitaxel.
A health outcomes analysis of 419 patients with multiple myeloma sought to determine if cipro-doxy was more effective than cipro alone in reducing the incidence of neutropenic fever and infections, both significant causes of morbidity and death for these patients.
Results of the phase 3 AXEPT study were used to determine the noninferiority of a modified XELIRI regimen vs a FOLFIRI regimen in terms of overall survival among patients with metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC).
According to the FDA, the drug approval is the first to use the end point of metastasis-free survival.
What is being done to address shortages of chemotherapy drugs?
The FDA granted approval for nivolumab for adjuvant treatment of some patients with melanoma, based on the results of the CHECKMATE-238 study.
What is the USP and what do I need to know about it as an oncology nurse?
Data from the phase 3 SPARTAN trial prompted the FDA's Priority Review designation for apalutamide.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Survivorship Marked by Periods of Actionable Distress
- Dose-Escalation Mitigates Risk of Grade 3/4 Adverse Events With Ruxolitinib for Myelofibrosis
- Stem Cell Transplantation Superior to Chemotherapy for Relapsed/Refractory DLBCL, Follicular Lymphoma
- Integrative Medicine in Childhood Cancer: Practices That Can Help Pediatric Patients
- Patients and Caregivers Worry About Cost of Cancer Care
- Navigating Prostate Cancer: A Patient's Experience From Diagnosis to Survivor
- Cell Phones and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- How Likely Are Oncologists to Refer for Palliative Care? Depends on Their Age
- Chemoimmunotherapy Increases Survival in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Seeking an Explanation for the Lack of Research Focused in Pediatric Oncology Therapeutics
- How to Help Patients at the End of Life and Their Loved Ones During the Holidays
- Real-World Prevalence of AEs With Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC Higher Than Reported in Trials
- Disparities Seen in Goals-of-Care Discussions With Minority vs Nonminority Patients
- Acupuncture Eases Some Self-Reported Symptoms of Cancer, Cancer Treatments
- Risk for Colon Cancer, Osteogenic Sarcoma Higher With Presence of Diamond-Blackfan Anemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|