The AR inhibitor fidarestat is effective as adjuvant therapy to enhance doxorubicin sensitivity of colorectal cancer cells and to reduce cardiotoxicity associated with the drug.
How should a fibrin overgrowth on an internal catheter be managed when there is no blood return from the implanted port?
Investigators have identified two compounds that appear to block the cardiac damage caused by doxorubicin. Their report indicates that inhibiting the action of an enzyme key to the generation of cellular energy in mitochondria could prevent doxorubicin-induced damage to cardiac cells without reducing the drug's antitumor effects.
Doxorubicin accumulates within the mitochondria of cardiomyocytes and this accumulation promotes mitochondrial production of reactive oxygen species (ROS) and the accumulation of iron.
Oncology nursing literature states that a MUGA scan must be obtained prior to initiating cardiotoxic chemotherapies. When should the scan be obtained?
After expedited review, the FDA okays the first generic version of Doxil (doxorubicin hydrochloride liposome injection), now in short supply.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Survivorship Marked by Periods of Actionable Distress
- Dose-Escalation Mitigates Risk of Grade 3/4 Adverse Events With Ruxolitinib for Myelofibrosis
- Stem Cell Transplantation Superior to Chemotherapy for Relapsed/Refractory DLBCL, Follicular Lymphoma
- Integrative Medicine in Childhood Cancer: Practices That Can Help Pediatric Patients
- Patients and Caregivers Worry About Cost of Cancer Care
- Navigating Prostate Cancer: A Patient's Experience From Diagnosis to Survivor
- Cell Phones and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- How Likely Are Oncologists to Refer for Palliative Care? Depends on Their Age
- Chemoimmunotherapy Increases Survival in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Seeking an Explanation for the Lack of Research Focused in Pediatric Oncology Therapeutics
- How to Help Patients at the End of Life and Their Loved Ones During the Holidays
- Real-World Prevalence of AEs With Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC Higher Than Reported in Trials
- Disparities Seen in Goals-of-Care Discussions With Minority vs Nonminority Patients
- Acupuncture Eases Some Self-Reported Symptoms of Cancer, Cancer Treatments
- Risk for Colon Cancer, Osteogenic Sarcoma Higher With Presence of Diamond-Blackfan Anemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|