The AR inhibitor fidarestat is effective as adjuvant therapy to enhance doxorubicin sensitivity of colorectal cancer cells and to reduce cardiotoxicity associated with the drug.
How should a fibrin overgrowth on an internal catheter be managed when there is no blood return from the implanted port?
Investigators have identified two compounds that appear to block the cardiac damage caused by doxorubicin. Their report indicates that inhibiting the action of an enzyme key to the generation of cellular energy in mitochondria could prevent doxorubicin-induced damage to cardiac cells without reducing the drug's antitumor effects.
Doxorubicin accumulates within the mitochondria of cardiomyocytes and this accumulation promotes mitochondrial production of reactive oxygen species (ROS) and the accumulation of iron.
Oncology nursing literature states that a MUGA scan must be obtained prior to initiating cardiotoxic chemotherapies. When should the scan be obtained?
After expedited review, the FDA okays the first generic version of Doxil (doxorubicin hydrochloride liposome injection), now in short supply.
- Coping With Lymphedema: A Patient Guide (Fact Sheet)
- Osteoporosis Medication Improves Bone Health in ADT-Treated Prostate Cancer
- Inotuzumab Ozogamicin Granted FDA Approval for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Cabazitaxel in Prostate Cancer: Reduced Dose Noninferior to Standard Dose
- Risk of Some Cancers Higher in Women With a History of Periodontal Disease
- To Better Serve Patients With Cancer, Navigators Need Better Systems
- Physical Activity Improves Cognitive Function for Breast Cancer Survivors
- Risk of Lung Cancer Increases With Diets Higher in Saturated Fats
- Mechanisms Identified for Curcumin Resensitization of Cancer Cells
- Value of Type and Crossmatch Prior to Daratumumab Administration
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|