DONNATAL ELIXIR Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Phenobarbital 16.2mg, hyoscyamine sulfate 0.1037mg, atropine sulfate 0.0194mg, scopolamine HBr 0.0065mg; per 5mL; contains alcohol; grape flavor.
Concordia Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Indications for DONNATAL ELIXIR:
Adjunct in irritable bowel syndrome, enterocolitis, duodenal ulcer.
5–10mL 3–4 times daily.
<10lb (4.5kg): not recommended. 10lb (4.5kg): Initially 0.5mL every 4hrs or 0.75mL every 6hrs. 20lb (9.1kg): 1mL every 4hrs or 1.5mL every 6hrs. 30lb (13.6kg): 1.5mL every 4hrs or 2mL every 6hrs. 50lb (22.7kg): 2.5mL every 4hrs or 3.75mL every 6hrs. 75lb (34kg): 3.75mL every 4hrs or 5mL every 6hrs. 100 lb (45.4kg): 5mL every 4hrs or 7.5mL every 6hrs.
Glaucoma. Porphyria. Unstable cardiovascular status. GI or GU obstruction. Paralytic ileus or intestinal atony. Toxic megacolon. Severe ulcerative colitis. Myasthenia gravis. Hiatal hernia. History of paradoxical reactions to phenobarbital.
Renal or hepatic impairment. Autonomic neuropathy. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Hyperthyroidism. Drug abusers. High environmental temperature. Gastric ulcer. Diarrhea. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Potentiated CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants. Additive anticholinergic effects with other anticholinergics, narcotics, type I antiarrhythmics, antihistamines, phenothiazines, tricyclics. May antagonize anticoagulants, CYP450 substrates.
Barbiturate + anticholinergics.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, paradoxical excitement.
Tabs—100, 1000; Elixir—4oz, pt
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|