DITROPAN XL Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Oxybutynin chloride 5mg, 10mg, 15mg; ext-rel tabs.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for DITROPAN XL:
Overactive bladder with symptoms of urge urinary incontinence, urgency, and frequency. Neurologic detrusor overactivity symptoms in children.
Swallow whole. Take with fluid. Initially 5mg or 10mg once daily; may increase weekly in 5mg increments; max 30mg/day.
<6yrs: not recommended. ≥6yrs: Swallow whole. Take with fluid. Initially 5mg once daily; may increase in 5mg increments; max 20mg/day.
Urinary or gastric retention; uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma; or patients at risk for these.
Discontinue if angioedema develops; consider discontinuing if anticholinergic CNS effects occur. Bladder outflow or GI obstruction. Ulcerative colitis. Intestinal atony. GERD. GI narrowing or stricture. Pre-existing dementia. Parkinson's disease. Myasthenia gravis. Decreased GI motility in those with autonomic neuropathy. Exposure to high environmental temperatures. Hepatic or renal impairment. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Increased drowsiness with alcohol, other CNS depressants. Additive anticholinergic effects with other anticholinergics. May be potentiated by CYP3A4 inhibitors. Decreases GI motility, possibly affecting absorption of other drugs. Caution with drugs that can cause or exacerbate esophagitis (eg, bisphosphonates).
Dry mouth, constipation, somnolence, headache, diarrhea, nausea, tachycardia, blurred vision, dry eyes, other anticholinergic effects.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Ciprofloxacin Plus Doxycycline Reduces Infection Rate in Multiple Myeloma Post-ASCT
- Prognostic Significance of Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Expression in Glioma Patients
- Fathers Can Pass Inherited Ovarian Cancer Risk to Daughters
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|