Generic Name and Formulations:
Isosorbide dinitrate 40mg; sust-rel caps.
Indications for DILATRATE-SR:
Prophylaxis and treatment of angina. Not for acute attacks.
See full labeling. Allow at least an 18-hour interval daily between doses to avoid development of tolerance. Max 160mg/day.
Concomitant PDE inhibitors (eg, sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil, avanafil) or riociguat.
Recent MI. CHF. Volume depletion. Hypotension. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Monitor standing blood pressure when increasing doses. Avoid abrupt cessation. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypotension potentiated with alcohol, other vasodilators.
Headache, transient lightheadedness, orthostatic hypotension; rare: syncope, angina, rebound hypertension.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|