Study data indicate that women who ate a Western diet also had 46 percent higher risk of breast cancer.
Postmenopausal women who stayed on a low fat diet for an extended time had a reduced risk of death from invasive breast cancers, according to clinical trial data.
Research also suggests that statins may help counteract harmful effect of fatty foods
Food speaks to our genes; its message or signal can turn the immune system on or off. Consumption of a high carbohydrate or sugar diet can increase risk of cancer.
Telephone counseling is similarly effective to in-person counseling for overweight breast cancer survivors.
Dietary habits have a profound impact on cancer survivorship. A recent study found that unfortunately many survivors do not adhere to healthy dietary guidelines, and those who smoke are even less likely to follow the guidelines.
Dietary supplementation with vitamin D and/or calcium after removal of precancerous colorectal adenomas (polyps) does not reduce risk of developing future adenomas.
A recent study examined adherence of cancer survivors to federal dietary guidelines.
Nutrition counseling is recommended given the strong evidence of its beneficial effects on the prevention and reduction of malnutrition.
Regularly eating chili peppers and other spicy foods was linked to lower mortality risk during study period.
Eating spicy foods regularly may lower the risk of death from cancer, ischemic disease, and respiratory disease.
This fact sheet explores the possible cancer risks caused by the chemical acrylamide in foodstuffs and consumer goods.
Report authors have called for widespread action to promote fruits and vegetables in the average diet.
Consumption of sugary drinks could be responsible for an estimated 184,000 deaths worldwide every year.
Some patients do not disclose their use of them, and dietary supplement use is often not included in medical documentation.
A compound and enzyme found in cruciferous vegetables may help to prevent the spread and recurrence of some cancers.
Egg consumption may reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
Consuming a vegetarian diet was linked with a decreased risk for developing colorectal cancers.
Fried foods are associated with an increased risk for heart failure.
Cancer survivors make healthier dietary choices, more likely to stop smoking than general populationFebruary 23, 2015
Researchers found that cancer survivors make healthier diet and lifestyle choices than the general population.
Government advisory committee eases on coffee, eggs, and salt, but reiterates limiting sugary drinksFebruary 20, 2015
Recommendations from the government advisory committee, which is made up of doctors and nutritionists, were released.
People who drink sodas that contain caramel color are likely exposing themselves to carcinogens that contribute to development of cancer.
This fact sheet examines possible links between consumption of cruciferous vegetables and cancer prevention.
Eating blueberries daily may decrease both systolic and diastolic blood pressures.
The fruit has potential to fight cancer if consumed daily along with other healthy lifestyle practices.
Research supports recent expert guidelines on an anti-cancer lifestyle from the World Cancer Research Fund and the American Institute for Cancer Research.
The DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) diet has been named the best overall diet for the fifth year in a row.
Reducing dietary fat intake reduced death rates significantly in those with hormone-unrelated breast cancer, according to recent data.
Reducing dietary intake of fat reduces death rates in some women with early stage breast cancer.
Resveratrol, a chemical found in grape skins and red wine, may prevent cancer.
- More Than Half of Melanomas Are Self-Detected, Especially by Women
- Childhood Cancer Linked to Poor Diet Quality in Adult Survivors
- POLST Programs Can Benefit from the Relationship Between Patients and Nurse Practitioners
- Immune Checkpoint-Related Neurotoxicity May Be More Common During Combination Treatment
- Olaratumab in Combo With Doxorubicin Approved for Soft Tissue Sarcoma
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Caregiver Mastery Linked to Patient Survival in Glioblastoma
- Treatment Facility Volume Associated With Mortality Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- Role of regorafenib as second-line therapy and landscape of investigational treatment options in advanced hepatocellular carcinoma
- Adherence to Tamoxifen, AIs Among Older Women is Low, Study Shows
- Replacing Neoadjuvant CRT with Multiagent Chemo Not Recommended for Rectal Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|