Dicyclomine HCl Syrup Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Dicyclomine HCl 10mg/5mL.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Dicyclomine HCl Syrup:
Irritable bowel syndrome.
Initially 20mg 4 times daily; after 1 week may increase to 40mg 4 times daily if tolerated. Discontinue if not effective within 2 weeks or daily doses ≥80mg are not tolerated.
<6months: see Contraindications. ≥6months: consult manufacturer.
Glaucoma. Unstable cardiovascular status. GI or urinary tract obstruction. Severe ulcerative colitis. Myasthenia gravis. Reflux esophagitis. Children <6months of age. Nursing mothers.
Inj: avoid IV administration (may cause thrombosis, inj site reactions). Autonomic neuropathy. Hepatic or renal impairment. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Hyperthyroidism. Salmonella dysentery. Toxic megacolon. Ulcerative colitis. GI or GU obstruction. High environmental temperature. Diarrhea. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.B).
Antacids may inhibit absorption; avoid. May antagonize anti-glaucoma agents or drugs that alter GI motility (eg, metoclopramide). Antagonized by agents used to treat achlorhydria and those used to test gastric secretion. Additive anticholinergic effects with other anticholinergics, narcotic analgesics, type I antiarrhythmics, antihistamines, antipsychotics, tricyclics, amantadine, benzodiazepines, MAOIs, nitrites, nitrates, sympathomimetics. May affect absorption of sust rel dosage forms.
Dizziness, dry mouth, blurred vision, nausea, somnolence, asthenia, and nervousness; cardiovascular and CNS symptoms (eg, psychosis, delirium). Fatal reactions have occurred in infants.
Caps, tabs—100; Syrup—contact supplier; Amps (2mL)—5
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Ciprofloxacin Plus Doxycycline Reduces Infection Rate in Multiple Myeloma Post-ASCT
- Prognostic Significance of Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Expression in Glioma Patients
- Fathers Can Pass Inherited Ovarian Cancer Risk to Daughters
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|