Novel weight reduction plan helps breast cancer survivors achieve and maintain a healthy weight and glucose level, according to a presentation at SABCS 2017.
Regular aspirin use is associated with a lower risk of breast cancer among women with diabetes, a recent study from Taiwan has shown.
Survivors of testicular cancer are more likely to develop metabolic syndrome after platinum-based chemotherapy.
An investigation into whether onset or worsening of diabetes causes pancreatic cancer or vice versa was presented at the 2017 European Cancer Congress.
Patients with diabetes showed more early warning signs of heart failure following chemotherapy.
Patients with diabetes had a significantly higher risk of most cancers, but only in the 10 years prior to and in the 3 months after diabetes diagnosis.
Benign brain tumors that have previously been associated with obesity and diabetes are surprisingly less likely to emerge in patients with high blood sugar, according to new research.
Cigarette smoking is more common among survivors of AYA cancer than those without cancer, and smoking is associated with greater comorbidities and poorer general health.
Older women with diabetes and cancer taking metformin saw an increase in survival.
Pioglitazone use correlated with increased rates of bladder cancer across a large population. The risk of developing bladder cancer also increased with higher dose and longer use of the drug.
Type 1 diabetes was associated with differences in the risk for developing several common cancers.
Early cardiovascular events are a risk for survivors of childhood cancer, according to researchers who also advocate for a unified definition of pediatric metabolic syndrome.
For patients with diabetes, poor glycemic control is linked to higher risk of postoperative progression.
Rates of some adverse events are significantly higher for these patients.
Similar rates of recommended processes of diabetes care were observed for both nurse practitioners and primary care physicians, according to a recent study.
A newly discovered tissue- and organ-specific mechanism that when inhibited, reduces tumor growth in mice with diabetes. The approach may be also used to treat other diabetes complications associated with increased blood vessel growth.
Patients with colorectal cancer who also have diabetes experienced more neuropathic symptoms, regardless of cancer treatment.
Patients receiving taxane-based therapy who have had diabetes for more than 5 years may be at a higher risk for neuropathy.
Blood sugar self-monitoring benefits patients with type 2 diabetes even if they are not prescribed insulin.
Risk of heart attack or stroke is similar for treatment with sulfonylureas or insulin, plus metformin, among patients with type 2 diabetes.
Nut consumption is associated with a reduced risk for developing certain types of cancer, but not type 2 diabetes.
Replacing one serving of a sugary drink per day with water, unsweetened tea, or coffee can reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes
Patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus who quit smoking see a temporary deterioration in glycemic control that may last up to three years.
The use of statins is associated with a 46% increase in the risk of developing diabetes.
Each hour spent watching television daily increases the risk of developing diabetes by 3.4%.
Egg consumption may reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
Women with diabetes may have an increased risk of being diagnosed with advanced breast cancer, according to new study results.
Metformin use is associated with a decreased risk of developing colorectal cancer.
Repeated use of antibiotics may increase people's risk of developing type 2 diabetes by changing their gut flora.
Breast cancer in women with diabetes is more likely to be advanced stage at diagnosis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- FDA Issues Warning for Rolapitant Injectable Emulsion in the Treatment of CINV
- Risk Factors for Arterial, Venous Thrombosis Differ in Polycythemia Vera
- Patient Satisfaction Ratings Can Be Negatively Impacted by Nurse Staffing Ratio
- Resolving Vaginal Dryness in Women With a History of Breast Cancer
- BRCA Mutation Improves Prognosis for 2-year Survival in Younger-onset TNBC
- Pertuzumab Regimen Approved for Adjuvant, Neoadjuvant Therapy in Specific Breast Cancers
- Common Oncologic Emergencies That Occur With Multiple Myeloma
- Artificial Sweeteners and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Blueberry Extract May Boost Efficacy of Radiotherapy for Cervical Cancer
- Breast Implants Associated With Increased Risk of Breast Anaplastic Large-cell Lymphoma
- Partial Response Achieved With Atezolizumab, Cobimetinib in Pretreated CRC
- Novel Approach Can Improve Both Colorectal Cancer Screening Outcomes and Adherence
- Survival Outcomes in Relapsed Hepatocellular Carcinoma Improved With Cabozantinib
- OS Similar With Gemcitabine Plus S-1 vs Standard Therapy for Biliary Tract Cancer
- Feasibility and Outcomes of Modified Enhanced Recovery After Surgery for Nursing Management of Aged Patients Undergoing Esophagectomy
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|