Desloratadine ODT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Desloratadine 2.5mg, 5mg; orally-disintegrating tabs; tutti-frutti flavor; contains phenylalanine.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Desloratadine ODT:
Seasonal allergic rhinitis (for patients ≥2yrs old). Perennial allergic rhinitis, chronic idiopathic urticaria (for patients ≥6 months old).
Adults and Children:
Dissolve on tongue; swallow with or without water. <6yrs: use other forms. 6–11yrs: 2.5mg once daily. ≥12yrs: 5mg once daily. Renal or hepatic impairment: initially 5mg every other day.
ODT: Phenylketonurics. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Pharyngitis, dry mouth or throat, myalgia, fatigue, somnolence, dysmenorrhea, headache, nausea, dizziness. Children: fever, diarrhea, upper respiratory infections, irritability, coughing.
Formerly known under the brand name Clarinex ODT.
Tabs (YES); syrup (NO)
Tabs—100, 500; Syrup—4oz, 16oz; ODT—contact supplier
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
- Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Test for Select BRCA Mutations Gets FDA Nod
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|