Most Recent Articles by Debra Hughes, MS
Ibrutinib, idelalisib, ponatinib, and ruxolitinib are each associated with a variety of potential adverse effects and oncology nurses must be aware of these to successfully monitor for them.
In his plenary lecture at 2016 SABCS, Peter P. Bach, MD, MAPP, reviewed the factors contributing to escalating drug prices and the significance of drug prices in the value of a cancer treatment regimen.
A review of adverse effects and recommended management for 3 kinase inhibitors indicated for the treatment of gastrointestinal cancers.
Disparities in cancer risk management among BRCA carriers across a diverse sample of young black, Hispanic, and non-Hispanic white breast cancer survivors underscores that "the benefit from genetic testing comes from acting on the test results," not just the testing itself, a study presented at the ASCO 2016 Annual Meeting concluded.
Multiplex gene testing of diverse patients has found that patients who test positive advise relatives to test, "suggesting that participants understood the implications of test results," according to results of a planned interim analysis of a prospective trial presented at the ASCO 2016 Annual Meeting.
More Articles by Debra Hughes, MS
Daratumumab + Bortezomib/Dexamethasone: Reduced Risk of Disease Progression Seen in Relapsed or Refractory Multiple MyelomaJun 06,2016
Adding Temozolomide to Radiotherapy Improves Survival in Elderly Patients With Newly Diagnosed GlioblastomaJun 06,2016
- Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs May Prevent Breast Cancer Recurrence
- Idelalisib Increases Progression-Free Survival in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Some Early Breast Cancer Patients Should Have Breast Conservation Instead of Mastectomy
- BBD Regimen Efficacious as First-line Therapy for Myeloma
- Trends in Behaviors, Medical Practice Indicate Mortality From Melanoma Will Decline
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Nut Consumption Inversely Associated With Lung Cancer Risk
- Targeting AR Mutations Promising in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- GUCS 2017: Early Immunotherapy Discontinuation in mRCC
- Pembrolizumab Active Against Rare Melanoma, Extends Survival in Bladder Cancer
- Myalgia-arthralgia Syndrome Associated With Taxanes in Patients with Breast Cancer
- Women Treated for DCIS Have Slightly Lower Risk for All-Cause Mortality
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|