Most Recent Articles by Debra Hughes, MS
Despite their efficacy in metastatic melanoma, KIs include risk of serious side effects in patients. This overview explains the effects and management recommendations for 4 agents used to treat metastatic melanoma.
Ibrutinib, idelalisib, ponatinib, and ruxolitinib are each associated with a variety of potential adverse effects and oncology nurses must be aware of these to successfully monitor for them.
In his plenary lecture at 2016 SABCS, Peter P. Bach, MD, MAPP, reviewed the factors contributing to escalating drug prices and the significance of drug prices in the value of a cancer treatment regimen.
A review of adverse effects and recommended management for 3 kinase inhibitors indicated for the treatment of gastrointestinal cancers.
Disparities in cancer risk management among BRCA carriers across a diverse sample of young black, Hispanic, and non-Hispanic white breast cancer survivors underscores that "the benefit from genetic testing comes from acting on the test results," not just the testing itself, a study presented at the ASCO 2016 Annual Meeting concluded.
More Articles by Debra Hughes, MS
Daratumumab + Bortezomib/Dexamethasone: Reduced Risk of Disease Progression Seen in Relapsed or Refractory Multiple MyelomaJun 06,2016
Adding Temozolomide to Radiotherapy Improves Survival in Elderly Patients With Newly Diagnosed GlioblastomaJun 06,2016
- Novel Blood Test Detects Cancer, Locates Tumor Without Invasive Procedures
- Cabozantinib Activates Innate Immune Response, Eliminating Prostate Cancer
- Shorter Treatment of Breast Cancer with Trastuzumab May Lead to Improved Results
- Colorectal Cancer Rates Increased Sharply Among Generation X and Millennials
- Pneumonia Associated With Common Cold May Cause Fatal Illness in Stem Cell Transplant Recipients
- Early Palliative Care Reduced ICU Use in Patients With Advanced Cancer
- Ginger Extract Raises Antioxidant Levels in Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy
- Nurse Navigators Improve Physician Engagement in Pretreatment Discussions
- Screening Increases Early Palliative Care, Reduces Aggressive EOL Measures
- Antiperspirants/Deodorants and Breast Cancer (Fact Sheet)
- Genome Sequencing Explains Resistance to CTLA-4 and PD-1 Inhibitors in Metastatic Melanoma
- Lifestyle Choices Have Greater Influence on Colon and Rectal Cancer Risk
- Kidney Cancer Metastases in Lung May Hide Undiagnosed Primary Lung Cancer
- Nasal Biomarker in Smokers Could Predict Lung Cancer
- Arm Lymphoscintigraphy After Axillary Lymph Node Dissection or Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Breast Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|