Most Recent Articles by Debra Hughes, MS
Despite their efficacy in metastatic melanoma, KIs include risk of serious side effects in patients. This overview explains the effects and management recommendations for 4 agents used to treat metastatic melanoma.
Ibrutinib, idelalisib, ponatinib, and ruxolitinib are each associated with a variety of potential adverse effects and oncology nurses must be aware of these to successfully monitor for them.
In his plenary lecture at 2016 SABCS, Peter P. Bach, MD, MAPP, reviewed the factors contributing to escalating drug prices and the significance of drug prices in the value of a cancer treatment regimen.
A review of adverse effects and recommended management for 3 kinase inhibitors indicated for the treatment of gastrointestinal cancers.
Disparities in cancer risk management among BRCA carriers across a diverse sample of young black, Hispanic, and non-Hispanic white breast cancer survivors underscores that "the benefit from genetic testing comes from acting on the test results," not just the testing itself, a study presented at the ASCO 2016 Annual Meeting concluded.
More Articles by Debra Hughes, MS
Daratumumab + Bortezomib/Dexamethasone: Reduced Risk of Disease Progression Seen in Relapsed or Refractory Multiple MyelomaJun 06,2016
Adding Temozolomide to Radiotherapy Improves Survival in Elderly Patients With Newly Diagnosed GlioblastomaJun 06,2016
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Physical Inactivity Linked With Increased Risk of Hodgkin, Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Challenges for Young Adult Couples Facing a Cancer Diagnosis
- Progression-Free Survival Extended With PANEX Protocol in R/R Multiple Myeloma
- Following ACS Guidelines Shown to Improve Outcomes for Colon Cancer Survivors
- National Cancer Drug Shortages Unknown to Many Patients
- Letter-Writing Project Communicates Care Wishes to Healthcare Team, Family
- Pivot Nurse Improves Patients' Navigation Through Lung Cancer Care
- Long-term Carfilzomib May Be Safe, Effective In Relapsed Multiple Myeloma
- Palliative Sedation a Valid Option for Refractory Symptoms in End-stage Cancer
- Testicular Cancer Treatment May Increase Risk for Heart Disease in Survivors
- Spotlight on Triptorelin in the Treatment of Premenopausal Women with Early-Stage Breast Cancer
- Redefining Prognosis for Hematologic Cancers in Older Adults by Age
- Outcomes for Elderly With Hematologic Cancers Effected by Cognitive Impairments
- Evolving Role of Radiation Therapy in the Treatment of Mesothelioma
- FDA Approves Fostamatinib for ITP After Insufficient Response to Previous Treatment
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|