Screening mammography programs increased early detection of tumors, improving outcomes for those women; however, these programs also increased detection of tumors that would never pose a clinical problem.
Regular use of NSAIDs after diagnosis of colorectal cancer correlated with improved survival in survivors with KRAS wild-type tumors.
Risk of developing cancer as a result of childhood exposure to medical imaging radiation is not increased in children or adults, a new study reports.
Regular aspirin use is associated with a lower risk of breast cancer among women with diabetes, a recent study from Taiwan has shown.
Ethnic Differences, Cultural Barriers Negatively Impact Mammography Follow-up Among Asian Ethnic GroupsJune 23, 2017
Follow-up after abnormal results on mammography is more likely to be delayed among Asian American women compared with white women, and varies between different Asian ethnicities.
E-cigarettes used with nicotine-based liquid have the same potential to produce cancer-causing DNA damage as unfiltered regular cigarettes.
A new report from ACS describes trends in liver cancer and the factors influencing the ongoing increase in incidence, particularly higher rates of HCV infection, obesity, and type 2 diabetes.
Women with breast cancer who received capecitabine after adjuvant epirubicin had better quality of life (QOL) compared with those who received CMF after adjuvant therapy.
Research on the effects of research demonstrated that oncology-related clinical trials provide measurable benefits in terms
U.S. cases of opioid-related hospitalizations rose 75 percent for females versus 55 percent for males over a decade, researchers say
Doses May Be Adjusted for Treating NSCLC Patients
Community-based, interventionist-guided weight loss program was efficacious for early-stage survivors.
Immunotherapy regimens FDA-approved for the treatment of melanoma may also be an option for a rare and aggressive form of papillary thyroid cancer.
The Pediatric Cancer Working Group of the AACR released its first consensus screening guidelines for children with common cancer predisposition syndromes.
Prehabilitation before initiating ADT in older men with prostate cancer may improve functioning, even in men on short-term ADT.
Older adults are underrepresented in clinical trials of cancer drugs, according to study findings presented at the 2017 ASCO Annual Meeting.
A multidisciplinary education initiative was instrumental in preparing nursing and clinical staff for the challenges of managing care and follow-up of patients undergoing CAR-T therapy.
Risk of nonadherence was lower for survivors reporting a usual source of care than those without
Participants with high risk of depression reported lower mood disturbance, anxiety, depression following intervention.
Liver cancer mortality has increased at a faster pace than other cancers in the United States, but substantial disparities exists in mortality rates for race/ethnicity and state of residence.
More public tolerance for health care inequalities has been observed in the United States than other countries.
The medications so far show little efficacy in children with cancer, but new studies may provide clues to how to change this, pediatric oncologist says.
The design of cigarette filters with ventilation is associated with rising adenocarcinoma rates, research indicates.
Open-label placebos can be effective, according to five studies involving patients with IBS, depression, allergic rhinitis, back pain, and ADHD.
Percentage increases in costs associated with obesity were highest for medications, higher for women
Palliative care added to transplant care improved relief from depression and PTSD symptoms following hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
Change in FACT-O TOI score from baseline to 12 months did not differ significantly between maintenance olaparib and placebo.
Tai chi is as effective as cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia (CBT-I) for the treatment of insomnia in breast cancer survivors.
Pediatric patients are better able to tolerate radiation therapy without anesthesia when video movies are projected on the inside of the machine during treatment.
Combining extracorporeal shock wave (ESW) technique with nanoparticle delivery improves treatment of difficult-to-treat solid tumors, such as anaplastic thyroid cancer.
- Immunotherapy May Benefit Some Patients with Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma
- Screening Recommendations for Children with Common Cancer Predisposition Syndromes
- Significance of Prostate Cancer Treatment-Related Factors Differ in Black, White Men
- New Study Questions Standard Dosage for Treating Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Superior Tolerability, Efficacy With Alectinib in Treatment-Naïve ALK-poistive NSCLC
- Survivorship Care Plans: Providing A Blueprint for Health Care After Cancer
- Cancer Recurrence Fear Reduced by Novel Psychological Intervention
- Multifaceted Role of the Nurse Navigator Includes Palliative, Supportive Care
- Patient Navigators Found to Boost Lung Cancer Screening Rates
- Lack of Transfusion Services a Barrier to Hospice Care for Patients With Blood Cancers
- Breast Cancer Overdiagnosis Also a Result of Screening Mammography Programs
- Use of Aspirin, NSAIDs Correlates with Improved Overall Survival in Colorectal Cancer
- Cancer Risk Not Increased by Childhood Exposure to Diagnostic Radiation
- Aspirin Use May Lower Breast Cancer Risk in Women with Diabetes
- Ethnic Differences, Cultural Barriers Negatively Impact Mammography Follow-up Among Asian Ethnic Groups
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|