Generic Name and Formulations:
Hexaminolevulinate HCl 100mg/vial; pwd for intravesical administration after reconstitution.
Indications for CYSVIEW:
For use in the cystoscopic detection of non-muscle invasive papillary cancer of the bladder among patients suspected or known to have lesion(s) on the basis of a prior cystoscopy. Use with Karl Storz D-Light C Photodynamic Diagnostic system to perform cystoscopy with the blue light setting (Mode 2) as an adjunct to the white light setting (Mode 1).
See literature. Instill 50mL into emptied bladder via a urinary catheter. Retain in bladder for 1 hour before evacuating and performing cystoscopic examination. First perform complete cystoscopic exam of entire bladder under white light, then repeat exam under blue light.
Porphyria. Gross hematuria. BCG immunotherapy or intravesical chemotherapy within the past 90 days.
Not a replacement for random bladder biopsies or other procedures used in the detection of bladder cancer or for repetitive use. Do not perform cystoscopy with blue light alone as malignant lesions can be missed unless the bladder is initially examined under white light. Presence of urine or blood may interfere with detection of tissue fluorescence. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Optical imaging agent.
Bladder spasm, dysuria, hematuria, bladder pain, procedural pain, urinary retention, headache; anaphylaxis.
Kit—1 (vial + diluent)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations Not Completely Reflective of Race, Age
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|