Generic Name and Formulations:
Tranexamic acid 100mg/mL; soln for IV inj.
Indications for CYKLOKAPRON:
Short-term use in hemophilia to reduce or prevent hemorrhage, and reduce the need for replacement therapy during and following tooth extraction.
Adults and Children:
Give by IV inj. Max injection rate: 1mL/min. Pre-extraction: 10mg/kg; post-op: 10mg/kg 3–4 times daily for 2–8 days. Renal impairment: serum creatinine 1.36–2.83mg/dL: 10mg/kg twice daily; 2.83–5.66mg/dL: 10mg/kg once daily; >5.66mg/dL: 10mg/kg every 48hrs or 5mg/kg every 24hrs.
Acquired defective color vision. Subarachnoid hemorrhage. Active intravascular clotting.
Therapy longer than several days: do ophthalmologic exam (before and during); discontinue if visual changes occur. Risk of convulsions esp. during cardiovascular surgery or inadvertent neuraxial administration. Renal insufficiency; reduce dose. History of thromboembolic disease. Disseminated intravascular coagulation. Upper urinary tract bleeding. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Avoid concomitant Factor IX complex concentrates or Anti-inhibitor Coagulant concentrates; increased risk of thrombosis. Do not mix with solutions containing penicillin or with blood products.
Plasminogen activation inhibitor.
GI upset, allergic dermatitis, giddiness, hypotension, visual abnormalities; thromboembolic events (rare), dizziness, convulsions, anaphylaxis.
Single-dose amps (10mL)—1, 10; single-dose vials (10mL)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|