Generic Name and Formulations:
Bromocriptine mesylate (micronized) 0.8mg; tabs.
Indications for CYCLOSET:
Adjunct to diet and exercise, to improve glycemic control in type 2 diabetes.
Limitations Of use:
Not for treating type 1 diabetes or ketoacidosis. Limited efficacy data in combination with thiazolidinediones. Efficacy has not been confirmed in combination with insulin.
Take with food in the AM, within 2hrs of waking. Initially 0.8mg once daily; may increase by 0.8mg per week as tolerated until max 4.8mg/day. Usual range: 1.6–4.8mg/day. Concomitant moderate CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, erythromycin): max 1.6mg once daily. Concomitant strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, azole antimycotics, protease inhibitors): avoid.
Syncopal migraines. Nursing mothers. Allergy to ergot-related drugs.
Monitor orthostatic vital signs initially and periodically during therapy. Severe psychotic disorders: not recommended. Renal or hepatic impairment. Pregnancy (Cat.B).
See Adult. Concomitant selective 5-HT1B agonists (eg, sumatriptan), sympathomimetic drugs >10 days, ergot-related drugs within 6hrs, other dopamine agonists and antagonists, including neuroleptics (eg, clozapine, olanzapine, ziprasidone) and metoclopramide: not recommended. Potentiated by CYP3A4 inhibitors and antagonized by CYP3A4 inducers (eg, rifampin, dexamethasone). Potentiates antihypertensives; caution. May potentiate highly protein bound drugs (eg, salicylates, sulfonamides, chloramphenicol, probenecid).
Dopamine agonist (ergot deriv).
Nausea, vomiting, fatigue, dizziness, headache; hypotension, syncope, somnolence, hypoglycemia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations Not Completely Reflective of Race, Age
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|