Treatment with the drug crizotinib has been effective for stopping lung tumor growth driven by rearrangements of the ROS1 gene.
Patients taking crizotinib for ALK-positive non-small cell lung cancer may safely and durably use up to three courses of targeted radiation therapy to eradicate pockets of drug-resistant disease.
The current criteria used to match lung cancers with the drug crizotinib may miss some patients who could benefit from the drug. A new study suggests that doctors should look closer at borderline or atypical ALK-negative cases.
Crizotinib is superior to standard chemotherapy for treating advanced ALK-positive non-small cell lung cancer, according to the final results of a global, phase III trial.
Pockets of resistant cancer can be treated with focused, targeted radiation while continuing chemotherapy with the targeted drugs crizotinib or erlotinib.
What specific visual changes are associated with the new drug crizotinib and what causes them?
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Real World Results May Not Mirror Clinical Study Outcomes in Multiple Myeloma
- Is Radioimmunotherapy a Path Forward for Melanoma?
- Handling Chemotherapy Premedications
- FDA Approves Mogamulizumab-kpkc for Rare Subtypes of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- New PDL1 Inhibitors for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Focus on Pembrolizumab
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Disparities Remain in Prevalence of Cancer Screening Tests
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- 8 Hours of Bedrest May Be Ideal After Intrathecal Chemotherapy in Hematologic Cancers
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|