Generic Name and Formulations:
Nadolol, bendroflumethiazide; 40mg/5mg, 80mg/5mg; scored tabs.
Indications for CORZIDE:
Titrate components. Renally impaired: increase dosing interval; see literature.
Asthma. Sinus bradycardia. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. Overt heart failure. CHF. Cardiogenic shock. Anuria. Sulfonamide allergy.
Ischemic heart disease. Bronchospastic disease, COPD. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Gout. Diabetes. Postsympathectomy. Hyperthyroidism. Monitor electrolytes, renal function. Surgery. SLE. Avoid abrupt cessation. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Hypotension with alcohol, CNS depressants, MAOIs, prazosin, other antihypertensives. Bradycardia with catecholamine-depleting drugs. Adjust antidiabetic, anticoagulant medication. ACTH, amphotericin B, corticosteroids increase hypokalemia risk. May increase toxicity of diazoxide, digitalis, lithium, verapamil, lidocaine. Antagonized by NSAIDs. Antagonizes methenamine, antigout drugs. May block epinephrine. May interfere with glaucoma, parathyroid screening tests.
Noncardioselective beta-blocker + diuretic.
Cardiac failure, bronchospasm, bradycardia, heart block, fatigue, fluid and electrolyte imbalance, orthostatic hypotension, GI upset, dizziness, blurred vision, cold extremities, rash, pruritus, blood dyscrasias.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Age Not a Deterrent to Immunotherapy for Malignant Melanoma
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Bedside Assessment Tool Improves Worst Pain in Patients With Cancer
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- USPSTF Rates Ovarian Cancer Screening a D for Asymptomatic, Low-Risk Women
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|