Modern oncologic care entails actively pursuing treatment and cure; however, at the end of life, the ability to share silence may be the best treatment.
A kind gesture toward friends during their chemotherapy infusions developed into a support organization that helps patients pass the time during their treatment.
Although many physical expressions are universal, oncology nurses may be challenged to catch notice of more subtle body language from patients or a family member.
A cancer diagnosis is wrought with challenges for young adults. This article identifies the unique support needs for patients aged 20 to 39 years with cancer.
Study evaluates the incidence of post-traumatic stress disorder in patients with cancer from diagnosis through survivorship.
An analysis of select responses to a survey conducted by researchers from the College of Nursing at South Dakota State University identified oncology nurses' comfort level in handling end-of-life care and patient education.
Cultural humility is a different perspective on nurse-patient communication than cultural competence. Eucharia Borden, an oncology social worker, explains their difference and how it can improve your care for patients of minority cultures.
Should patients receiving chemotherapy take probiotics?
In this companion piece to our November column, we discuss the unique challenges to preserving the fertility of female patients with cancer and current options.
A report on current legislation and practice trends regarding opioids and how they are affecting cancer patients' ability to manage their pain.
Clinicians should use immunoassay screens and urine drug tests to determine compliance with chronic opioid therapy.
Abstinence-contingent incentives improved smoking cessation outcomes among economically disadvantaged smokers with mental illness.
A team from Methodist Hospital Cancer Center discuss an app developed at the facility that helps breast cancer survivors with nutrition and physical activity at SABCS 2017.
A team from Dana-Farber Cancer Institute describe EMBRACE, their comprehensive care program for patients with metastatic breast cancer at SABCS 2017.
Novel weight reduction plan helps breast cancer survivors achieve and maintain a healthy weight and glucose level, according to a presentation at SABCS 2017.
An approach for incorporating palliative care into oncologic care early after diagnosis is explained in an education session at the 2017 SABCS.
Choosing the optimal adjuvant therapy option for a patient with early-stage HR-positive breast cancer should be a continuous discussion with the patient, according to a presentation at SABCS 2017.
The impact of prostate cancer treatment is well documented; however, in this study, researchers sought to determine the effect on health-related quality of life for patients from diagnosis through treatment planning to initiation of treatment.
A randomized study assessed the impact of ConquerFear, a novel intervention developed from various models of cognitive therapy, and Taking-it-Easy, an intervention based on models that promote relaxation, on cancer survivors' ability to manage their fear of cancer recurrence.
The 70-GS was linked to change in treatment decisions for intermediate-risk patients based on 21-gene assay.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|