Journaling can offer patients with cancer a safe space to express and process emotions without fear of judgment or risk of burdening loved ones.
The patient seemed to demonstrate typical noncompliance behaviors. Until one day her appearance suggested another explanation, prompting an investigation that revealed a surprising cause.
Culturally sensitive communications with Hispanic patients can help them understand their cancer diagnosis and treatment options.
Faced with a harsh treatment option, a patient with genitourinary cancer helps create a treatment plan that preserves his self-image.
A new card game helps patients and caregivers broach the difficult subject of end-of-life wishes and prioritize what's most important in their planning.
A nurse develops a tablet app that helps intubated patients communicate with their nurses, caregivers, and families.
Cancers that cause more readily noticeable physical changes can produce self-image challenges for patients. This discussion reviews what interventions can help validate patients' self-image concerns.
Oncology nurses face a difficult challenge in getting patients to consider palliative care because despite knowing that palliative care is comfort care, many patients and caregivers still equate it with end of life.
The decision to resume or begin dating after a cancer diagnosis can be particularly stressful.
Social media has become a mainstay of day-to-day life. For patients with cancer, it can be a lifeline to unprecedented support that is unique to their needs.
Patient, Physician Preferences Inform Guidelines for Discussing Molecular Testing in Cancer Treatment
Study identifies physician and patient preferences about information, who should communicate this information, and what guidelines should guide these discussions.
Culturally Appropriate Cancer Patient Navigator Pilot Program Helps American Indians/Alaska Natives Secure Diagnoses, Care
American Indians/Alaska Natives may face barriers to cancer diagnosis and care that can be overcome via cultural navigation services.
The simple question: "Would you like to talk about what this means?" can lead to more thorough discussions about scan results and prognoses, better preparing patients to make informed treatment decisions.
Questions over potential bias in the activities of industry-supported patient advocacy groups spark the call for closer review and transparency.
The Patient Care Connect Program lowers Medicare costs and provides other benefits, research indicates.
Real-time reporting and integration of patient symptom reports into clinical practice could benefit patients, but practical obstacles remain.
The Attention and Interpretation Modification for Fear of Breast Cancer Recurrence (AIM-FBCR) intervention helped reduce health worries for survivors of breast cancer.
Lung Cancer Navigator, a mobile, customizable app from LUNGEVITY, helps patients with lung cancer better understand their disease, manage medications, track symptoms, and access support.
The majority of consumers do not change their health-related behaviors in the wake of personal genomic test results.
Participants in a peer navigation program for patients at risk for HBOC were surveyed regarding the usefulness of the information provided, patient education, and their peer navigator. Survey results were presented at the 2016 SABCS.
- Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs May Prevent Breast Cancer Recurrence
- BBD Regimen Efficacious as First-line Therapy for Myeloma
- Idelalisib Increases Progression-Free Survival in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Trends in Behaviors, Medical Practice Indicate Mortality From Melanoma Will Decline
- Pembrolizumab Active Against Rare Melanoma, Extends Survival in Bladder Cancer
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Nut Consumption Inversely Associated With Lung Cancer Risk
- Decipher Genomic Classifier Prognostic for Distant Prostate Metastasis
- GUCS 2017: Adjuvant Trials in Post-radical Prostatectomy Prostate Cancer Feasible
- Annual Screening of High-Risk Smokers Only More Cost-effective Than Current Methods
- Blood Test Predicts Stem Cell Transplant Success in Myelodysplastic Syndrome
- Metronomic Chemotherapy: Improved Tumor Blood Supply Leads to Better Treatment
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|