COLYTE w. FLAVOR PACKS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Polyethylene glycol 3350 60g, sodium chloride 1.46g, potassium chloride 0.745g, sodium bicarbonate 1.68g, sodium sulfate 5.68g, flavor 0.851g/pack (orange, lemon lime, cherry); per liter of soln; pwd for reconstitution (add 1 flavor pack before reconstitution).
Indications for COLYTE w. FLAVOR PACKS:
Bowel cleansing before colonoscopy or barium enema exam.
After fasting for >3hrs, 240mL orally every 10mins or 20–30mL/min by NG tube until fecal discharge is clear. Usual dose 3–4L. Only clear liquids until exam.
GI obstruction or perforation. Gastric retention. Toxic colitis. Toxic megacolon. Ileus.
Severe ulcerative colitis. Impaired gag reflex. Semi- or unconsciousness. Risk of aspiration or regurgitation. Correct fluid and electrolyte abnormalities prior to initiation. Increased risk of arrhythmias (eg, history of prolonged QT, uncontrolled arrhythmias, recent MI, unstable angina, CHF or cardiomyopathy); do pre-dose and post-colonoscopy ECGs. History of seizures. Rule out GI obstruction or perforation. Maintain adequate hydration. Renal impairment. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Isosmotic bowel cleanser.
Concomitant drugs that may increase the risk of fluid and electrolyte disturbances or adverse events. Drugs administered within 1hr of start of Colyte may not be absorbed. Increased risk of ischemic colitis with concomitant stimulant laxatives.
Nausea, abdominal fullness or bloating, cramps, vomiting, anal irritation; serious: colonic mucosal ulceration, ischemic colitis; rare: arrhythmias.
Colyte w. Flavor Packs—4L (disposable jug w. 3 flavor packs)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Triplet Regimen Found Most Effective for Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Integrating Preoperative Oral Care Into Cancer Treatment Plans
- Current Status and Dilemma of Second-line Treatment in Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: Is There a Silver Lining?
- American Association for Cancer Research Releases Its 2018 Annual Report
- Pulmonary Toxicity Increased in Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma Treated With Brentuximab Vedotin
- Benefit of Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer Observed With Midrange Gene Assay Score
- Antioxidant Interaction With Cancer Therapy
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- Myeloablative Conditioning Effective in AML Secondary to MDS/MPN Prior to Allogeneic HCT
- Insurance Status Influences Overall Survival in Follicular Lymphoma
- Endocrine Society Released Guidelines for Managing Endocrine Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Skin Cancer Screening: Are They Effective?
- Metronidazole, Vancomycin Recommended for C Difficile in Pediatric Oncology, HSCT
- CDC: HPV Vaccination Rates on the Rise Among Adolescents
- High-Dose vs Standard-Dose Flu Vaccine in Elderly Receiving Chemotherapy
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|