Colorectal Cancer News & Features
Genetic biomarkers from tumor DNA circulating in the bloodstream could indicate the risk for recurrence of colorectal cancer and the efficacy of chemotherapy after surgery.
Adjuvant chemotherapy is associated with improved overall survival in patients with stage II colon cancer regardless of treatment regimen, patient age, or high-risk pathologic risk features.
Genetic mutations affecting the immune system were identified in patients who develop more than one CRC tumor at the same time, and understanding how these cancers develop could improve therapy targeting.
Screening for colorectal cancer (CRC) is not widely used by Americans age 75 years and older, even though some patients are healthy and may benefit.
The proportion of older patients with comorbidities receiving treatment for metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC) has increased over the last 2 decades despite the overall percentage of older adults being treated remaining low.
Clinical Trial: Intra-operative Chemotherapy With 5-FU for Colorectal Cancer Patients Receiving Curative Resection: Efficacy and Safety (IOCCRC)
Clinical trial focusing on 5-FU for colorectal patients. Intra-operative Chemotherapy With 5-FU for Colorectal Cancer Patients Receiving Curative Resection: Efficacy and Safety (IOCCRC)
Clinical trial focusing on biomarker analysis and metastatic colorectal cancer. Biomarker Analysis for Patients With Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (MCC)
Clinical Trial: Assessment of Clinically Related Outcomes and Biomarker Analysis for Translational Integration in Colorectal Cancer (ACROBATICC)
Clinical trial focusing on biomarker analysis for translational integration in colorectal cancer. Assessment of Clinically Related Outcomes and Biomarker Analysis for Translational Integration in Colorectal Cancer (ACROBATICC)
Clinical trial focusing on colorectal cancer prevention. Ohio Colorectal Cancer Prevention Initiative (OCCPI)
Clinical trial focusing on familial colorectal cancer registry. Familial Colorectal Cancer Registry in Hispanics (PURIFICAR)
This fact sheet reviews common sites of cancer metastasis, methods of spread, treatment, and additional details.
Patients with metastatic colorectal cancer can use this fact sheet to learn more about personalized medicine and KRAS gene testing.
This fact sheet answers some commonly asked questions about colorectal cancer screening.
Treatment for colorectal cancer can be stressful and cause lasting changes to the body. This fact sheet offers tips for coping with the disease.
This patient fact sheet explains two tests used in an approach called "personalized medicine." Doctors use these tests to plan colorectal cancer treatment that will be the most effective for an individual patient.
- Gene Expression Alters Bone Marrow Environment in MGUS, Leading to Multiple Myeloma
- How Can We Have a Cancer Cure Moonshot if We're Short of Fuel?
- High-Fat Mediterranean Diet Can Protect Against Cancer
- Prophylactic Gynecologic Resections Increase Risk for Aggressive Uterine Cancer in BRCA Gene Mutation Carriers
- HPV Vaccination Program Reduces Cervical Cell Anomalies in Young Women
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Sugar and Cancer: Mitigating the Affects of Diet on Cancer
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Blood Biomarker Is Predictive of Risk for Colon Cancer Recurrence
- Hypermutated Hotspots Are Biomarkers Predictive of Better Outcomes in Breast Cancer
- Helical APBI Delivers Targeted Dose of Adjuvant Radiation Treatment for Breast Cancer
- Cancer Risk Higher in Patients With Heart Failure After a First Heart Attack
- Routine Pap Smears Improve Cervical Cancer Risk in Women Older Than 65 Years
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|