Colorectal Cancer News & Features
The combination of adjuvant bevacizumab and capecitabine failed to improve disease-free survival compared with capecitabine alone in patients with mCRC who had undergone potentially curative surgery.
Adding rolapitant to a 5-HT3 receptor antagonist and dexamethasone significantly improved the prevention of CINV in patients with GI and CRC cancers receiving highly or moderately emetogenic chemotherapy.
Patients who have little to no understanding of the health system, multiple comorbid conditions, do not receive a written treatment plan, or do not have contact with a cancer care coordinator or specialist nurse have significantly poorer care coordination.
Lifestyle and dietary measures for preventing colorectal cancer are extensively studied; however, in this study, researchers looked at a dietary measure that improved survival for patients after diagnosis.
Danish researchers identified a microRNA shown to predict whether a patient with colorectal cancer would be resistant to oxaliplatin treatment, a discovery that holds promise of improving both current treatment options and development of future treatment strategies.
Clinical Trial: Intra-operative Chemotherapy With 5-FU for Colorectal Cancer Patients Receiving Curative Resection: Efficacy and Safety (IOCCRC)
Clinical trial focusing on 5-FU for colorectal patients. Intra-operative Chemotherapy With 5-FU for Colorectal Cancer Patients Receiving Curative Resection: Efficacy and Safety (IOCCRC)
Clinical trial focusing on biomarker analysis and metastatic colorectal cancer. Biomarker Analysis for Patients With Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (MCC)
Clinical Trial: Assessment of Clinically Related Outcomes and Biomarker Analysis for Translational Integration in Colorectal Cancer (ACROBATICC)
Clinical trial focusing on biomarker analysis for translational integration in colorectal cancer. Assessment of Clinically Related Outcomes and Biomarker Analysis for Translational Integration in Colorectal Cancer (ACROBATICC)
Clinical trial focusing on colorectal cancer prevention. Ohio Colorectal Cancer Prevention Initiative (OCCPI)
Clinical trial focusing on familial colorectal cancer registry. Familial Colorectal Cancer Registry in Hispanics (PURIFICAR)
This fact sheet reviews common sites of cancer metastasis, methods of spread, treatment, and additional details.
Patients with metastatic colorectal cancer can use this fact sheet to learn more about personalized medicine and KRAS gene testing.
This fact sheet answers some commonly asked questions about colorectal cancer screening.
Treatment for colorectal cancer can be stressful and cause lasting changes to the body. This fact sheet offers tips for coping with the disease.
This patient fact sheet explains two tests used in an approach called "personalized medicine." Doctors use these tests to plan colorectal cancer treatment that will be the most effective for an individual patient.
- Study Identifies Factors Associated With Hearing Loss in Polycythemia Vera
- High Symptom Burden With Polycythemia Vera Linked to QoL Impairment
- Bioimpedence Spectroscopy Improves Early Detection of Breast Cancer-Related Lymphedema in At-Risk Patients
- Ezh2 Inhibitors May Offer Cure for Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia
- MRD Negativity Associated With Prolonged Survival in Myeloma
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Sugar and Cancer: Mitigating the Affects of Diet on Cancer
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Tumor Markers (Fact Sheet)
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- ASCO, ASTRO Issue Guideline Update for Postmastectomy RT
- Study Assesses Efficacy of Ramucirumab in HCC by Child-Pugh Score
- Incontinence Affects QOL for Survivors of Gynecologic Cancers
- Patient Navigation Reduces Delays in Diagnostic Resolution
- Fee-for-service Medicare Plans Linked to Improved Care During Last Year of Life
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|