FDA issues black box warning for rolapitant regarding the potential for anaphylaxis, anaphylactic shock, and other hypersensitivity reactions in patients receiving the injectable emulsion for CINV prophylaxis.
Data presented at ASH 2017 illustrates the effectiveness of 2 prophylactic antiemetic regimens in pediatric patients receiving moderately or highly emetogenic chemotherapy.
A review of 12 antiemetic regimens identified 3 that may be more effective than conventional regimens, a study presented at SABCS 2017 has shown.
A small study of 50 patients undergoing FOLFOX for CRC determined if adding aprepitant to standard antiemetic prophylactic treatment would improve CINV in this patient population.
A post-hoc analysis of 2 clinical trials was conducted to determine the safety and effectiveness of NEPA for managing CINV in patients with lung cancer who received platinum-based chemotherapy.
Fosaprepitant is used to prevent CINV in adult patients, and this phase 2b dose-ranging study of pediatric patients aged newborn to 17 years determined the appropriate doses for younger patients.
A randomized study was conducted to determine the efficacy of prophylactic prochlorperazine in reducing opioid-induced nausea and vomiting in patients with cancer receiving opioids for pain management.
Delayed CINV was improved significantly in patients receiving highly emetogenic chemotherapy for cancer when thalidomide was added to palonosetron and dexamethasone regimen.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Distress, Neuroticism Predict Long-term Emotional Distress After Cancer Diagnosis
- Risk Factors for Arterial, Venous Thrombosis Differ in Polycythemia Vera
- Dietary Estrogens Reduced Efficacy of Novel Breast Cancer Therapy
- Patient Satisfaction Ratings Can Be Negatively Impacted by Nurse Staffing Ratio
- BRCA Mutation Improves Prognosis for 2-year Survival in Younger-onset TNBC
- Bacteria in Probiotics Carry Potential Risks for Immunocompromised Patients
- Pertuzumab Regimen Approved for Adjuvant, Neoadjuvant Therapy in Specific Breast Cancers
- Common Oncologic Emergencies That Occur With Multiple Myeloma
- Artificial Sweeteners and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Blueberry Extract May Boost Efficacy of Radiotherapy for Cervical Cancer
- Resolving Vaginal Dryness in Women With a History of Breast Cancer
- Overall Survival Prolonged With HIPEC + Cytoreductive Surgery for Gastric Cancer
- Better Postoperative Outcomes With RAMIE for Esophageal Cancer
- Distinct Patterns of Shiny White Streaks Strong Indicator of Melanoma
- FDA Issues Warning for Rolapitant Injectable Emulsion in the Treatment of CINV
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|