Chronic Myeloid Leukemia News and Features
In this study, researchers assigned 75 patients with newly diagnosed Philadelphia chromosome (Ph)-positive CML-CP to receive dasatinib 50 mg once daily.
Although many TKIs have well-documented cardiotoxic effects, results of a single-center prospective study that assessed effects of 1 year of therapy with imatinib or nilotinib in patients with CML demonstrated safety and efficacy of the 2 agents in this population.
This study examined the risk of secondary cancers among patients with CML who were treated with TKIs.
Based on results of 2 prospective studies, the FDA approved the use of nilotinib in pediatric patients older than 1 year with newly diagnosed Ph+ CML-CP and those with TKI-intolerant or resistant disease.
Some patients with chronic myeloid leukemia in chronic phase maintained TFR after receiving nilotinib, according to data from the ENESTfreedom study.
Leukemia Clinical Trials
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Qualitative Analysis of Myeloma Patients' Experience Following Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Involved-Field Radiotherapy Plus Chemotherapy Prolonged PFS in Follicular Lymphoma
- Patient Fears of Placebo Use in Clinical Trials
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- Two Programs, One Goal: Meeting the Challenges of Oncology Navigation
- Navigating Patients with Hematologic Malignancies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|