Chorionic gonadotropin Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Chorionic gonadotropin 5000Units/10mL, 10000Units/10mL; pwd for IM inj after reconstitution; contains benzyl alcohol.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Chorionic gonadotropin:
Ovulation induction in women with secondary ovarian failure who have been pretreated with human gonadotropins.
5000–10000 Units IM one day after last dose of gonadotropins.
Androgen- or estrogen-dependent neoplasm. Ovarian enlargement and overstimulation while on gonadotropin therapy. Primary ovarian failure.
Cardiac or renal disease. Epilepsy. Migraine. Asthma. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Ovarian hyperstimulation or enlargement, ascites, pleural effusion, ovarian cyst rupture, multiple births, arterial thromboembolism, headache, irritability, restlessness, depression, fatigue, edema, gynecomastia, local reactions.
Formerly known under the brand name Novarel.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|