Eating at least one avocado a day as part of a moderate-fat diet could help to lower "bad" cholesterol among the overweight and obese.
Findings suggest that elevated levels of cholesterol and triglycerides may be linked with greater risk of the prostate cancer recurrence, but normalization of blood fats may reduce risk.
High cholesterol may be associated with an increased risk for developing prostate cancer.
Researchers from the University of Illinois at Chicago have discovered how cholesterol activates a cellular signaling pathway linked to cancer development. Previous studies have associated high cholesterol with certain cancers. But in this study, the researchers focused on the signaling pathways used to direct cell function.
High cholesterol levels may increase a woman's risk of developing breast cancer, a large new British study reports.
People are often told to reduce their cholesterol to improve their health, but new research suggests that low cholesterol may increase kidney cancer patients' risk of dying from their disease.
A by-product of cholesterol functions like the hormone estrogen to fuel the growth and spread of the most common types of breast cancers, according to researchers.
As cholesterol is metabolized, a potent stimulant of breast cancer is created—one that fuels estrogen receptor (ER)-positive breast cancers, according to new research.
Men with prostate cancer who used statin drugs prior to diagnosis had a decreased risk of prostate-cancer-specific mortality.
Cancer cells can be reprogrammed by DNA, siRNA, and miRNA, if only these nucleic acids could cross through the cell membrane. A new study shows that cholesterol rafts can deliver genetic payloads into cancer cells.
Lymphoma can be starved to death by depriving it of what appears to be a favorite food: HDL cholesterol. A new nanoparticle appears to the cancerous lymphoma cell like a preferred meal of natural HDL.
Persons with inflammatory breast cancer who were using statins at time of diagnosis had better progression-free survival than did nonusers.
Exemestane significantly reduced invasive breast cancer in postmenopausal women at elevated risk, but the aromatase inhibitor also lowered HDL cholesterol levels.
Researchers have demonstrated a link between high cholesterol and an increased risk of high-grade prostate cancer, according to a study published in Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention (2009;15:2807-2813).
Having low cholesterol levels may reduce a man's risk for high-grade prostate cancer, according to a study conduced by Johns Hopkins epidemiologists.
- Acupuncture Improves Postoperative Symptoms in Women Undergoing Surgery for Breast Cancer
- Prehabilitation Program Improves Preoperative Fitness in Patients With Colorectal Cancer
- Alcohol Consumption, Particularly White Wine, Associated With Increased Risk of Melanoma
- Combination of Gemcitabine and New CHK1 Inhibitor Is Effective in Soft Tissue Sarcomas
- Omitting RT in Certain Older Women With Early Breast Cancer is Safe
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Timing Chemotherapy Administration to Circadian Rhythm Improves Drug Effectiveness
- New Therapy Blocks Breast Cancer Cells From Entering and Hiding in Bone Marrow to Form Latent Metastases
- Community Breast Navigation Program Improved Breast Screening Rates in Underserved African American and Latino Women
- Live-streamed Videos Address End-of-Life Planning, Decision-making
- Metastatic Disease Linked to Patients Reporting Diminished QoL
- History of Bilateral Salpingo-oophorectomy, Hormone Replacement Therapy Are Predictive of Breast Density at Cancer Diagnosis
- Mammographically Occult Contralateral Breast Cancer Detection is Effective With Preoperative MRI
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|