A combination therapy increased survival rates for individuals with newly diagnosed metastatic, hormone-sensitive prostate cancer.
The first study to examine the effects of combined radiation and chemotherapy on the healthy brain tissue of glioblastoma patients has revealed specific structural brain changes.
Safest timing of pegfilgrastim administration based on white blood cell (WBC) count seems to be 72 hours following chemotherapy.
Subcutaneous power ports seem to rarely function properly when administering irinotecan but function properly when the regimen changes. Is there an explanation for why this happens?
Is there a standard process for administering KCL through an IV?
This literature review sought to analyze the quality of evidence that supports management practices of cytotoxic drug extravasation.
Chemotherapy does not improve survival for older women with breast cancer.
Activated neutrophils may trigger potentially fatal hemorrhage associated with some cancer treatmentsAugust 10, 2015
Blocking the passage of immune cells could prevent dangerous complications in patients undergoing transplants or chemotherapy.
Despite survival benefits, only 41 percent of suitable candidates actually receive the therapy.
Combining chemotherapy with new drugs that target a protein that helps cancer cells withstand chemotherapy could improve treatment.
Chemotherapy administered to patients with cancer who are near death does not improve quality of life.
Research indicates a connection between chemo-related cognitive function decline and molecular immune biomarkers, genetic aging, and neurotransmitter markers.
The impact of 5-hydroxytryptamine-receptor antagonists on chemotherapy treatment adherence, treatment delay, and nausea and vomitingJuly 17, 2015
[Cancer Management and Research] This research examines the incidence of chemotherapy-induced nausea/vomiting (CINV) and treatment delay among patients receiving palonosetron versus other 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor antagonist (5-HT3 RA) antiemetics.
Overweight or obese patients with ovarian cancer are typically given lower per-pound chemotherapy doses to reduce toxic side effects, which could impact their survival chances.
Is there evidence to support adding potassium magnesium and mannitol to the hydration regimens for cisplatin?
The stress hormones often used to treat the side effects of chemotherapy could have the side effect of making effective cancer drugs fail sooner in some women with breast cancer, according to new research.
A three-drug combination antiemetic therapy including aprepitant or fosaprepitant improved the prevention rate of nausea and vomiting.
In a small clinical trial, scientists found that men with advanced prostate cancer and detection of androgen receptor splice variant-7 (AR-V7) respond to chemotherapy just as well as men who lack the variant.
Moderate-quality evidence to support the use of cannabinoids for the treatment of chronic pain.
Patients with an advanced form of metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) may benefit from surgical resection of all or part of the lung if combined with chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
What is the best practice recommendation for nurse-to-patient ratio for patients receiving IL-2?
The combination of ibrutinib and chemotherapy (bendamustine and rituximab [BR]) was found to reduce the risk of death by nearly 80% in patients with previously treated CLL or SLL.
Individuals with squamous non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) fared better when receiving nivolumab when compared to those receiving more standard chemotherapy, according to a recent clinical trial.
The side effects caused by potent chemotherapy regimens could possibly be considerably lessened by use of an intravenous nutrition source.
Researchers have identified a molecule that may play a central role in chemotherapy resistance in patients with the most common ovarian cancer.
Women with advanced ovarian cancer have fewer side effects and tend to have a better quality of life if given chemotherapy before surgery.
How should severe mucositis from capecitabine (Xeloda) be managed?
Patients with cancer who exercise throughout chemotherapy had reduced chronic inflammation and cognitive impairment.
When is chemotherapy or radium 223 the optimal treatment for men with advanced prostate cancer?
Neck dissection of lymph nodes and treatment at academic or research institutions are both associated with improved survival for patients with stages I and II oral cavity squamous cell cancer, according to recent research.
- New biomarker in breast and prostate cancer may help identify patients who will respond to taxanes
- What are immune checkpoints and how do they work?
- Among patients with myeloma undergoing chemo, high exercise compliance linked with reduced fatigue
- Efficacy and safety of docetaxel for advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: A meta-analysis of Phase III randomized controlled trials
- New combination treatment effective against cutaneous metastatic melanoma
- Religiousness and spirituality have a significant impact on cancer patients' overall health and outcomes
- Dietary intervention primes triple-negative breast cancer cells for targeted therapy
- Lung cancer patients who stop smoking live longer
- Study uses dog sledding to demonstrate benefits of adapted physical activities for children with cancer
- Review examines strategies for hospital room surface cleanliness
- Two-drug combination boosts survival in patients with metastatic prostate cancer
- Tell me about your prostate cancer symptoms ... Will most men talk or walk?
- Effects of glioblastoma treatments on healthy brain tissue continues after treatment is completed
- Aspirin reverses obesity cancer risk
- Patient-centered toolkit (PCTK) improves communication between patients, caregivers, and health care team
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|