Short-term fasting may alleviate toxic effects caused by high blood glucose levels associated with common cancer drugs.
Regular infusions of high doses of vitamin C safely increased cancer cell sensitivity to treatment in patients with brain and lung cancers.
Exercise helps patients with gastrointestinal cancer undergoing chemotherapy cope with their disease and treatment.
A study using a mouse model to investigate the effect of adding everolimus to cyclophosphamide to slow tumor growth found the drug also preserves fertility.
In patients with soft tissue sarcoma pretreated with doxorubicin, treatment with regorafenib significantly reduced the risk of progression symptoms or toxicity.
Use of chemotherapy or vaginal brachytherapy (VBT) may improve survival among patients with early-stage uterine papillary serous carcinoma.
Nicotinamide riboside, a type of B3 vitamin, was shown to prevent chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy in an animal-model study.
Quantity and quality of skeletal muscle is a more accurate measure for determining dose and of potential treatment-related toxicity in patients receiving chemotherapy for early-stage breast cancer.
Supplemental ginger before and during treatment raises antioxidant levels in patients undergoing chemotherapy.
Researchers indicate that it may be possible lower amputation rates by nearly 80% in patients with extremity sarcomas.
The addition of pravastatin to first-line chemotherapy did not improve overall survival or progression-free survival in patients with small-cell lung cancer.
Patients with hormone receptor-positive, HER2-negative, axillary lymph node-negative breast cancer who have a recurrence score of 11 to 25 may not benefit from chemotherapy.
A new approach in which patients receive a single dose of chemotherapy may greatly improve the laryngeal cancer survival rate.
The mechanism of metronomic chemotherapy: Improved tumor blood supply leads to better treatment .
Survivors of testicular cancer are more likely to develop metabolic syndrome after platinum-based chemotherapy.
Light/dark cycle of the day influences inflammatory processes in various tissues in the body, potentially affecting risk factors in patients with cancer.
Administering chemotherapy to African-American women with breast cancer prior to surgery may help improve their survival.
Chemotherapy may be overused among young and middle-aged adults with colon cancer, with the addition of adjuvant chemotherapy not resulting in a matched survival benefit.
I was surprised to see an order for arsenic recently. What is this being used for?
In a phase 3 trial, researchers determined if weekly nab-paclitaxel was noninferior to weekly solvent-based paclitaxel with respect to overall survival in patients requiring second-line treatment for advanced gastric cancer.
Researchers investigated whether VRd, which has demonstrated significant efficacy in newly diagnosed multiple myeloma, would improve outcomes in patients with previously untreated myeloma who are not planned for immediate ASCT.
In this study, researchers sought to identify physical, neurocognitive, and serologic markers that may correlate with self-reported fatigue before and after (neo)adjuvant chemotherapy for patients with early-stage breast cancer.
Study evaluated differences in survival with respect to the time interval between tumor resection and initiation of postoperative chemotherapy in patients with NSCLC.
What You Do Not Know Could Hurt You: What Women Wish Their Doctors Had Told Them About Chemotherapy Side Effects on Memory and Response to AlcoholJanuary 06, 2017
[Breast Cancer: Basic and Clinical Research] This research examines the incidence of alcohol and memory-related side effects of chemotherapy in female cancer patients.
Researchers sought to evaluate the incidence of cancer-related cognitive impairment in patients with breast cancer in a large prospective, longitudinal, nationwide study. These findings address limitations in previous research.
Drug-drug interaction between capecitabine and common heartburn medications has a negative effect on progression-free survival and overall survival in patients with GI cancer.
Although previous clinical trials have demonstrated that antiangiogenetic chemotherapy is not effective in GBM, researchers conducted a retrospective of review of perfusion MR images to determine if a phenotypic subtype of GBM may respond to antiangiogenic chemotherapy.
Investigators have identified a genetic biomarker that can help determine congestive heart failure risk in individuals undergoing chemotherapy for breast cancer.
New evidence indicates that depression can impact cancer outcomes following chemotherapy.
Patients with diabetes showed more early warning signs of heart failure following chemotherapy.
- Whole Genome Sequencing Reveals that 12% of Childhood Cancer Survivors Have Mutations in Genes that Increase Cancer Risk
- Increased 5-Year Survival Rate Seen in NSCLC Subset Treated With Nivolumab
- Novel Test For Multiple Myeloma Uses Microchip, Conventional Blood Sample
- Health Care Expansion Tied to Increased Rates of Surgical Treatment of Thyroid Cancer
- Including a PI3-Kinase Inhibitor with an PARP Inhibitor Improves Tumor Shrinkage in Patients with Resistant Ovarian Cancer
- Exercise, Psychological Interventions Better for Cancer Fatigue Than Medications
- ASCO Issues Global Guidance for HPV Vaccination for Cervical Cancer Prevention
- Discharge Events Improved With Standardized Inpatient Palliative Care Consultation
- Little Opposition to Early Palliative Care for Symptom Management in Pediatric Oncology
- Physical Activity Improves Outcomes for Patients with Breast Cancer and Survivors
- Family History Does Not Exclude Active Surveillance as Treatment Option for Prostate Cancer
- Beans, Whole Grains in Diet Beneficial for Colorectal Cancer Survivors
- Hormone Refractory Prostate Cancer Responds to Abiraterone Acetate in Some Cases
- Shifts in Cancer Burden for People With HIV Projected
- Tissue Biobank Procurement Consent Should Include Discussion of Confidentiality Risks
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|