Chemotherapy and Drug Information
Sunitinib (Sutent), a drug approved for treatment of several other cancers, may be an effective adjunctive treatment for patients with advanced differentiated thyroid cancer.
Do cancer treatments alter alleles affecting saliva, thus rendering a Genecept Assay null and void?
Patients with larger malignant tumors of the breast who undergo chemotherapy before breast cancer surgery are more likely to opt for a breast-preserving procedure, according to a new study.
New evidence indicates that combining chemotherapy with radiation therapy may be the best option for people with a low-grade form of brain cancer.
A new surgical algorithm allows for greater percentage of visible tumor removal.
The addition of chemotherapy after bladder cancer surgery lowered risk of death by approximately 30%, over surgery alone, according to a study that reviewed patient data.
When giving gemcitabine (Gemzar) and cisplatin (Platinol), is it better to give gemcitabine first to reduce myelosuppression with every indication?
Study findings suggest that androgen receptor V7 (AR-V7) status does not significantly affect response to taxane chemotherapy in men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer.
First approval for a therapy aimed specifically to treat the rare pediatric cancer
Stat Consult Slideshows
This slideshow reviews fluorouracil (5-FU), indicated for palliative treatment of breast cancer, colorectal cancer, gastric cancer, and carcinoma of the pancreas; also adjuvant treatment of colorectal cancer.
This slideshow reviews netupitant/palonosetron (Akynzeo), indicated for prevention of acute and delayed nausea and vomiting associated with initial and repeat courses of cancer chemotherapy.
This slideshow reviews bevacizumab (Avastin), indicated for cervical cancer, in combination with paclitaxel and cisplatin or paclitaxel and topotecan in persistent, recurrent, or metastatic disease.
To view all content in our Stat Consult section, please click here.
- Angelina Jolie has ovaries, fallopian tubes removed over cancer concerns
- Drug sequence with gemcitabine
- Counseling cancer patients on effective nutritional practices
- Radiation plus immunotherapy revs up immune system to better attack melanoma
- 3D printing offers innovative method for delivering medication
- Risk of thyroid cancer increases after a breast cancer diagnosis
- Vaccine may delay recurrence for advanced ovarian cancers
- High fish intake may improve survival after breast cancer
- Adding bevacizumab to standard chemotherapy improves overall survival for women with ovarian cancer
- African American cancer patients' depression symptoms often under-recognized
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|