Chemotherapy and Drug Information
A recent analysis suggests that breakthrough therapies for blood cancers may, in a majority of cases, provide reasonable value for money spent.
The pioneering prostate cancer drug abiraterone can significantly extend the lives of men with advanced prostate cancer if administered prior to administering chemotherapy, according to phase III clinical trial data.
Drug is now sanctioned for people who have received at least two prior standard therapies.
Study identifies reasons for ibrutinib discontinuation in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia
About 10% of patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) treated with ibrutinib discontinued their therapy due to disease progression during clinical studies.
Patients with advanced cancer who believed chemotherapy might cure their cancer were more likely to receive chemotherapy.
One tenth of younger leukemia patients of East Asian ancestry inherit a gene variation associated with lowered tolerance of an indispensable drug for acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL).
Is it safe to use hair dyes concurrently with chemotherapy?
An existing drug may assist patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) that shows chemotherapy resistance.
Ibrance (palbociclib) has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for postmenopausal women with ER, HER2-negative metastatic breast cancer.
How should a fibrin overgrowth on an internal catheter be managed when there is no blood return from the implanted port?
Stat Consult Slideshows
This slideshow reviews fluorouracil (5-FU), indicated for palliative treatment of breast cancer, colorectal cancer, gastric cancer, and carcinoma of the pancreas; also adjuvant treatment of colorectal cancer.
This slideshow reviews netupitant/palonosetron (Akynzeo), indicated for prevention of acute and delayed nausea and vomiting associated with initial and repeat courses of cancer chemotherapy.
This slideshow reviews bevacizumab (Avastin), indicated for cervical cancer, in combination with paclitaxel and cisplatin or paclitaxel and topotecan in persistent, recurrent, or metastatic disease.
To view all content in our Stat Consult section, please click here.
- Study may support active surveillance for favorable intermediate-risk prostate cancer
- New mechanism of acquired resistance to breast cancer drugs discovered
- Two major studies strengthen case for prostate cancer drug before chemotherapy
- New opportunity to treat drug-resistant leukemia discovered
- Finding a qualified acupuncture practitioner
- Intimate relationships as important to cancer care as medical interventions
- Lycopene may decrease risk of renal cell carcinoma in postmenopausal women
- Improvements in cancer survival better for younger patients
- High-cost blood cancer drugs deliver high value
- Statins increase risk of diabetes in Caucasian men
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|