Chemotherapy and Drug Information
This monoclonal antibody works with another approved multiple myeloma therapy to provide additional benefit.
A novel immunotherapeutic approach improved outcomes for patients with advanced bladder cancer, according to a recent study.
Concurrent Chemoradiotherapy Using Paclitaxel Plus Cisplatin in the Treatment of Elderly Patients With Esophageal Cancer
The purpose of this research was to examine both efficiency and safety of concurrent chemoradiotherapy (CCRT) using paclitaxel combined with cisplatin in elderly esophageal cancer patients.
Blood Test Identifies Mutations Behind Drug Resistance in Patients Taking Antiandrogen for Prostate Cancer
Scientists developed a blood test that can identify key mutations driving resistance to a widely used prostate cancer drug and which patients will not respond to the treatment in advance.
This new oral medication blocks certain enzymes, hindering cancer-cell growth.
Researchers identified propentofylline as a drug that could help treat patients with the deadly brain cancer glioblastoma multiforme.
Personalized Antinausea Regimens More Effective in Cancer Patients Receiving Emetogenic Chemotherapy
A personalized approach to treating nausea and vomiting, the most expected side effects of chemotherapy, is far more effective than the existing one-size-fits-all guidelines.
TESARO Inc has announced that rolapitant (Varubi), a neurokinin-1 (NK-1) receptor antagonist, is now available in the United States.
New and better drugs to treat diseases such as advanced breast cancer will have little effect on improving patient outcomes if a country does not have good health care structures in place.
Study findings may explain why chemotherapy drugs such as gemcitabine are not effective for many patients with pancreatic cancer, and perhaps point to new approaches to treatment including enhancing gemcitabine's ability to stop tumor growth.
Stat Consult Slideshows
This slideshow reviews fluorouracil (5-FU), indicated for palliative treatment of breast cancer, colorectal cancer, gastric cancer, and carcinoma of the pancreas; also adjuvant treatment of colorectal cancer.
This slideshow reviews netupitant/palonosetron (Akynzeo), indicated for prevention of acute and delayed nausea and vomiting associated with initial and repeat courses of cancer chemotherapy.
This slideshow reviews bevacizumab (Avastin), indicated for cervical cancer, in combination with paclitaxel and cisplatin or paclitaxel and topotecan in persistent, recurrent, or metastatic disease.
To view all content in our Stat Consult section, please click here.
- Existing Drug May Limit Recurrence and Metastasis of Glioblastoma Multiforme
- New Blood Test Improves Screening for Prostate Cancer
- Blood Sample Offers a New Way of Detecting Cancer
- Nanoliposomal Irinotecan Extends Survival in Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer
- International Study Charts Genetic Trajectory for Melanoma
- Hospitals Should Enact Bereavement Programs, Researchers Urge
- Breastfeeding Associated With A Reduced Risk of Aggressive Breast Cancer
- Physical Activity Communications Should be Part of Oncology Care Clinic Visits With Patients
- Gut Bacteria Can Dramatically Amplify Cancer Immunotherapy
- Communication Practices of Many US Physicians May Be Discouraging HPV Vaccination
- ASH 2015 Placeholder
- Prescription Coverage Impacts Treatment Adherence in Breast Cancer, Even for Low-cost Drugs
- Late-onset Remission Seen in Patients With Lymphoma Treated with Immunomodulatory Drugs
- Impact of Early Palliative Care Varies Depending on Patient Age, Gender
- Weight Gain May Follow Head and Neck Cancer Operations
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|