Chemotherapy and Drug Information
Women with stage 1 HER2-positive breast tumors who received a combination of lower-intensity chemotherapy and a targeted drug following surgery were unlikely to suffer cancer recurrence within 3 years of treatment.
Stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) plus chemotherapy improves survival among patients with stage 4 lung cancer
Combining stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) with a specific chemotherapy regimen more than doubled survival rates for certain patients with stage 4 lung cancer, according to recent research data.
Is a comparison guide for common medications used for side-effect management, such as constipation, nausea, anxiety, etc. that includes a cost comparison available?
A combination treatment with of the drug ramucirumab and FOLFIRI chemotherapy provides a survival advantage over standard treatment with FOLFIRI alone for patients with advanced colorectal cancer, according to study data.
Long-term outcomes improved by combining bevacizumab with newer chemotherapy regimen for advanced colorectal cancer
A phase III study of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer has indicated that FOLFOXIRI chemotherapy, in combination with bevacizumab, is superior to the standard FOLFIRI chemotherapy with bevacizumab.
Therapy dogs improve the emotional well-being of some patients with cancer who are undergoing concomitant chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
Use of the antiviral drug entecavir resulted in a lower incidence of hepatitis B virus (HBV)-related hepatitis and HBV reactivation among patients with lymphoma undergoing a certain type of chemotherapy.
The compound PRM-151 (PRM) has shown success in reducing progressive bone marrow fibrosis in patients with advanced myelofibrosis.
Patients with Hodgkin lymphoma who received brentuximab vedotin after transplantation lived longer without disease progression than patients who received only supportive care, per clinical trial data.
Is there an effective way to manage the oral side effects of irinotecan therapy?
Stat Consult Slideshows
This slideshow reviews fluorouracil (5-FU), indicated for palliative treatment of breast cancer, colorectal cancer, gastric cancer, and carcinoma of the pancreas; also adjuvant treatment of colorectal cancer.
This slideshow reviews netupitant/palonosetron (Akynzeo), indicated for prevention of acute and delayed nausea and vomiting associated with initial and repeat courses of cancer chemotherapy.
This slideshow reviews bevacizumab (Avastin), indicated for cervical cancer, in combination with paclitaxel and cisplatin or paclitaxel and topotecan in persistent, recurrent, or metastatic disease.
To view all content in our Stat Consult section, please click here.
- E-cigarettes declared a health threat by California health officials
- Study makes a case for wider gene testing in patients with colorectal cancer
- New study helps physicians and patients determine prostate cancer risk
- Effectiveness of nanoparticle drugs was hindered by tumor microenvironment in triple-negative breast cancer
- Existing drug extends survival for patients with rare thymic carcinoma
- Oncology patient navigation: Bringing this crucial role to the forefront
- Radiation plus hormone therapy prolongs survival for older men with prostate cancer
- Mistletoe: The holiday plant is making headlines as an alternative cancer treatment
- Using genomic correlates of radiotoxicity to predict patient outcomes
- Therapy dogs may encourage cancer patient to persevere with treatment
- Research promising for reducing risk of breast cancer spreading to the brain
- Biopsies with DCIS diagnosis increase for women undergoing mammography
- Fear of cancer may have unwanted effect on public screening uptake
- PDE-5 inhibitors increase risk of biochemical recurrence after radical prostatectomy
- Many breast cancer patients lack basic knowledge about their disease
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|