Chemotherapy and Drug Information
A recent study showed that for certain cancer drugs, participants in clinical trials are often not representative of the patients who ultimately take the drugs, raising questions about the direct applicability of trial data.
Patients with metastatic nonsquamous non-small-cell lung cancer treated with nivolumab demonstrated greater survival.
Imaging Method Has Potential to Predict Effectiveness of Induction Chemotherapy in Patients With Head and Neck Cancer
Researchers identified a potential new way to predict which patients with head and neck cancer will benefit most from chemotherapy.
Patients with multiple myeloma may be vulnerable to financial toxicity, even those with health insurance and those who make more than $100,000 a year, due to the higher use of novel therapeutics and extended duration of myeloma treatment.
Brief exposure to a targeted therapy can tell doctors which patients with HER2-negative breast cancer will respond and which should switch to another kind of treatment.
A new study may have uncovered the key to the early detection of patients at risk of developing metastasis to bone.
What is the correct sequence for infusing FOLFIRINOX?
The combination pill Lonsurf has been approved for patients with metastatic CRC not responding to other therapies.
Use of chemotherapy is inverse to disease risk in patients with breast cancer when genetic assay is used
Use of the 21-gene recurrence test score was associated with lower chemotherapy use in high-risk patients and greater use of chemotherapy in low-risk patients compared with not using the test score among a large group of Medicare beneficiaries, according to a recent investigation.
An innovative new study provides a framework for establishing value-based pricing for all new oncology drugs. Researchers demonstrated their novel economic model using a new lung cancer drug currently under review by the FDA as an example.
Stat Consult Slideshows
This slideshow reviews fluorouracil (5-FU), indicated for palliative treatment of breast cancer, colorectal cancer, gastric cancer, and carcinoma of the pancreas; also adjuvant treatment of colorectal cancer.
This slideshow reviews netupitant/palonosetron (Akynzeo), indicated for prevention of acute and delayed nausea and vomiting associated with initial and repeat courses of cancer chemotherapy.
This slideshow reviews bevacizumab (Avastin), indicated for cervical cancer, in combination with paclitaxel and cisplatin or paclitaxel and topotecan in persistent, recurrent, or metastatic disease.
To view all content in our Stat Consult section, please click here.
- Harms of Cigarette Smoking and Health Benefits of Quitting (Fact Sheet)
- Clinical Trial Shows Vaccine Clears Some Precancerous Cervical Lesions
- Late-Stage Lung Cancer Often Overtreated
- Biomarker May Predict Prognosis for Targeted Therapy in Patients With HER2-Negative Breast Cancer
- "Supportive care" may hold less stigma than "palliative care"
- Engineered Switch in Immune Cell Technology Makes Therapy More Precise, and Safer
- Testosterone Therapy Does Not Increase Aggressive Prostate Cancer Risk
- Laparascopic Surgery Does Not Improve Outcomes Over Open Resection for Rectal Cancer
- Bisphosphonates May Be Useful as Palliative Measure in Selected Patients
- Smokers and Nonsmokers Who Develop NSCLC Display Differences
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|