Chemotherapy and Drug Information
The first study to examine the effects of combined radiation and chemotherapy on the healthy brain tissue of glioblastoma patients has revealed specific structural brain changes.
A new technique has been developed by statisticians to help doctors optimize dosing new cancer treatments in phase I/II clinical trials.
Ion channel blockers, drugs commonly used to treat cardiac, neurologic, and psychiatric disorders, might prove useful in cancer therapy, according to new research.
Safest timing of pegfilgrastim administration based on white blood cell (WBC) count seems to be 72 hours following chemotherapy.
Drugs to treat late-stage cancers are less costly to develop than drugs for earlier-stage cancers, which may steer pharmaceutical firms toward more late-stage drug development.
Subcutaneous power ports seem to rarely function properly when administering irinotecan but function properly when the regimen changes. Is there an explanation for why this happens?
[Breast Cancer: Targets and Therapy] This research reviews the preclinical as well as clinical data on neratinib.
Is there a standard process for administering KCL through an IV?
This literature review sought to analyze the quality of evidence that supports management practices of cytotoxic drug extravasation.
Amgen's Blincyto costs about 178,000 for a standard course of treatment.
Stat Consult Slideshows
This slideshow reviews fluorouracil (5-FU), indicated for palliative treatment of breast cancer, colorectal cancer, gastric cancer, and carcinoma of the pancreas; also adjuvant treatment of colorectal cancer.
This slideshow reviews netupitant/palonosetron (Akynzeo), indicated for prevention of acute and delayed nausea and vomiting associated with initial and repeat courses of cancer chemotherapy.
This slideshow reviews bevacizumab (Avastin), indicated for cervical cancer, in combination with paclitaxel and cisplatin or paclitaxel and topotecan in persistent, recurrent, or metastatic disease.
To view all content in our Stat Consult section, please click here.
- New biomarker in breast and prostate cancer may help identify patients who will respond to taxanes
- What are immune checkpoints and how do they work?
- Among patients with myeloma undergoing chemo, high exercise compliance linked with reduced fatigue
- Efficacy and safety of docetaxel for advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: A meta-analysis of Phase III randomized controlled trials
- New combination treatment effective against cutaneous metastatic melanoma
- Religiousness and spirituality have a significant impact on cancer patients' overall health and outcomes
- Dietary intervention primes triple-negative breast cancer cells for targeted therapy
- Lung cancer patients who stop smoking live longer
- Study uses dog sledding to demonstrate benefits of adapted physical activities for children with cancer
- Review examines strategies for hospital room surface cleanliness
- Effects of glioblastoma treatments on healthy brain tissue continues after treatment is completed
- Aspirin reverses obesity cancer risk
- Patient-centered toolkit (PCTK) improves communication between patients, caregivers, and health care team
- Prophylactic surgery rates among men with breast cancer nearly double
- Fungal infection drug for lung transplant recipients may increase cancer, death risk
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|