Chemotherapy and Drug Information
Danish researchers identified a microRNA shown to predict whether a patient with colorectal cancer would be resistant to oxaliplatin treatment, a discovery that holds promise of improving both current treatment options and development of future treatment strategies.
Addition of Elotuzumab to Bortezomib/Dexamethasone Improves Survival in Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
The addition of elotuzumab to bortezomib/dexamethasone appears to increase progression-free survival in relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma (RRMM).
Risks for severe toxicities in obese patients receiving dose-dense chemotherapy are associated with measures used to determine dose, according to a retrospective evaluation of select participants in the GAIN study.
Hyperfractionated cyclophosphamide, vincristine, doxorubicin, and dexamethasone (hyper-CVAD) plus ponatinib appears to be superior to hyper-CVAD plus dasatinib for the frontline treatment of patients with Philadelphia chromosome-positive ALL.
Anti-HER2 Therapies Link With Heart Blood Vessel Development Explains Cardiovascular Side Effects of Trastuzumab
Therapies targeting ErbB2 (HER2), such as trastuzumab (Herceptin), are often associated with cardiovascular side effects. ErbB2 was recently found to also be expressed by vascular endothelial cells, and is an example of how tissue growth and blood vessel patterning are integrated at the molecular level.
At my current clinic, hydration and mannitol are administered before premedications on a cisplatin regimen; at previous clinic, premeds and hydration were administered before mannitol. Does it make a difference?
Cognitive decline associated with adjuvant chemotherapy was more likely to occur in older patients, particularly those whose treatment included docetaxel.
Chemotherapy agents are sometimes required to be administered in a specific sequence. What factors influence the need to follow a specific sequence?
The multikinase inhibitor regorafenib significantly improved overall survival rates compared to placebo in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma, according to data from the phase 3 RESORCE trial.
Fasting during chemotherapy treatment may increase the presence of cancer-killing T cells, according to recent study data.
Stat Consult Slideshows
This slideshow reviews fluorouracil (5-FU), indicated for palliative treatment of breast cancer, colorectal cancer, gastric cancer, and carcinoma of the pancreas; also adjuvant treatment of colorectal cancer.
This slideshow reviews netupitant/palonosetron (Akynzeo), indicated for prevention of acute and delayed nausea and vomiting associated with initial and repeat courses of cancer chemotherapy.
This slideshow reviews bevacizumab (Avastin), indicated for cervical cancer, in combination with paclitaxel and cisplatin or paclitaxel and topotecan in persistent, recurrent, or metastatic disease.
To view all content in our Stat Consult section, please click here.
- PMPS: A Common Late Effect of Surgery and Radiation for Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer Tumors Often a Composite of Tumor Types, Enhancing Treatment Resistance
- Daratumumab Plus Len-Dex an Encouraging Combo for Multiple Myeloma
- Bone Marrow vs Bloodstream: Stem Cell Source Influences Transplantation Outcomes
- Nurses Are Key to Referrals to Inpatient Integrative Medicine Services
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Triple-Drug Therapy Produces Response in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, Mouse Study Shows
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Study Supports Increased Role for Surgery in Multimodality Therapy for Early Stage SCLC
- Analgesic Effects of Cannabis Is Different Between Men and Women
- Poor Oral Health Associated With OPSCC Regardless of HPV Status
- Methylnaltrexone Linked to Improved Survival in Advanced Cancer
- Music Interventions Improve Cancer and Treatment Symptoms
- Novel Radiotracer Is Near Perfect in Detecting Sentinel Lymph Node in Breast Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|