Chemotherapy and Drug Information
A study using a mouse model to investigate the effect of adding everolimus to cyclophosphamide to slow tumor growth found the drug also preserves fertility.
In patients with soft tissue sarcoma pretreated with doxorubicin, treatment with regorafenib significantly reduced the risk of progression symptoms or toxicity.
Use of chemotherapy or vaginal brachytherapy (VBT) may improve survival among patients with early-stage uterine papillary serous carcinoma.
Leflunomide, an immunosuppressor FDA-approved for rheumatoid arthritis, is effective against breast cancer in mouse study.
Nicotinamide riboside, a type of B3 vitamin, was shown to prevent chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy in an animal-model study.
Zoledronic acid and clodranate are the recommended bisphosphonates for the adjuvant treatment of postmenopausal patients with breast cancer.
Quantity and quality of skeletal muscle is a more accurate measure for determining dose and of potential treatment-related toxicity in patients receiving chemotherapy for early-stage breast cancer.
A novel agent, letermovir, reduced incidence of CMV in patients undergoing stem cell transplantation for hematologic malignancies.
Statins provide no benefits, or adverse effects, in patients with lung cancer, according to a phase 3 trial.
Despite their efficacy in metastatic melanoma, KIs include risk of serious side effects in patients. This overview explains the effects and management recommendations for 4 agents used to treat metastatic melanoma.
Stat Consult Slideshows
This slideshow reviews fluorouracil (5-FU), indicated for palliative treatment of breast cancer, colorectal cancer, gastric cancer, and carcinoma of the pancreas; also adjuvant treatment of colorectal cancer.
This slideshow reviews netupitant/palonosetron (Akynzeo), indicated for prevention of acute and delayed nausea and vomiting associated with initial and repeat courses of cancer chemotherapy.
This slideshow reviews bevacizumab (Avastin), indicated for cervical cancer, in combination with paclitaxel and cisplatin or paclitaxel and topotecan in persistent, recurrent, or metastatic disease.
To view all content in our Stat Consult section, please click here.
- Novel Blood Test Detects Cancer, Locates Tumor Without Invasive Procedures
- Cabozantinib Activates Innate Immune Response, Eliminating Prostate Cancer
- Shorter Treatment of Breast Cancer with Trastuzumab May Lead to Improved Results
- Colorectal Cancer Rates Increased Sharply Among Generation X and Millennials
- Pneumonia Associated With Common Cold May Cause Fatal Illness in Stem Cell Transplant Recipients
- Early Palliative Care Reduced ICU Use in Patients With Advanced Cancer
- Ginger Extract Raises Antioxidant Levels in Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy
- Nurse Navigators Improve Physician Engagement in Pretreatment Discussions
- Screening Increases Early Palliative Care, Reduces Aggressive EOL Measures
- Antiperspirants/Deodorants and Breast Cancer (Fact Sheet)
- Genome Sequencing Explains Resistance to CTLA-4 and PD-1 Inhibitors in Metastatic Melanoma
- Lifestyle Choices Have Greater Influence on Colon and Rectal Cancer Risk
- Kidney Cancer Metastases in Lung May Hide Undiagnosed Primary Lung Cancer
- Nasal Biomarker in Smokers Could Predict Lung Cancer
- Arm Lymphoscintigraphy After Axillary Lymph Node Dissection or Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Breast Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|