Chemotherapy and Drug Information
What data are available concerning inter- and intrapatient variability in the pharmacokinetics of TKIs in chronic myeloid leukemia?
Experiments in mice suggest that elevated blood levels of the fatty acid derived from fish oil may induce resistance to chemotherapy.
[Translational Lung Cancer Research] In this article, the authors examine the role of adjuvant chemotherapy in the treatment of resected non-small cell lung cancer.
The prices of leading cancer drugs have risen at rates far outstripping inflation over the last two decades, according to new study data.
Research suggests supplements, and certain fish, might reduce the effects of chemotherapy.
Patients treated with definitive concurrent chemotherapy and radiation therapy for stage III non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) showed better overall survival when treated at experienced facilities.
A subset of adrenal cancer patients responded well to drug treatment in a phase 3 trial, giving some hope for addressing this aggressive form of cancer.
Findings of a 7-year study revolutionized the standard protocol for patient management by reducing toxicities for patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC).
A new study of the impact of exercise in models of breast cancer in mice has shown the benefits of exercise on the function of blood vessels around tumors.
Why do some drugs need a micron filter and what is the affect of using one?
Stat Consult Slideshows
This slideshow reviews fluorouracil (5-FU), indicated for palliative treatment of breast cancer, colorectal cancer, gastric cancer, and carcinoma of the pancreas; also adjuvant treatment of colorectal cancer.
This slideshow reviews netupitant/palonosetron (Akynzeo), indicated for prevention of acute and delayed nausea and vomiting associated with initial and repeat courses of cancer chemotherapy.
This slideshow reviews bevacizumab (Avastin), indicated for cervical cancer, in combination with paclitaxel and cisplatin or paclitaxel and topotecan in persistent, recurrent, or metastatic disease.
To view all content in our Stat Consult section, please click here.
- Vitamin D and prostate cancer: Higher intake improves active surveillance outcomes
- Triple combination of two targeted therapies + immunotherapy is more effective in advanced melanoma
- Physical activity associated with less chemo-induced peripheral neuropathy
- mHealth app assesses breast cancer risk and aids prevention
- Study identifies those at high risk for developing pancreatic cancer
- Use of pharmacokinetics to measure response in CML
- Sweeping prostate cancer review upends widely held belief on radiation after surgery
- Resistance, aerobic exercise improves quality of life in older long-term survivors of prostate cancer
- Cancer-related symptoms associated with quality of life impairments in recently diagnosed patients
- Nighttime fasting may decrease breast cancer risk in women
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|