Chemotherapy and Drug Information
Safest timing of pegfilgrastim administration based on white blood cell (WBC) count seems to be 72 hours following chemotherapy.
Drugs to treat late-stage cancers are less costly to develop than drugs for earlier-stage cancers, which may steer pharmaceutical firms toward more late-stage drug development.
Subcutaneous power ports seem to rarely function properly when administering irinotecan but function properly when the regimen changes. Is there an explanation for why this happens?
[Breast Cancer: Targets and Therapy] This research reviews the preclinical as well as clinical data on neratinib.
Is there a standard process for administering KCL through an IV?
This literature review sought to analyze the quality of evidence that supports management practices of cytotoxic drug extravasation.
Amgen's Blincyto costs about 178,000 for a standard course of treatment.
Chemotherapy does not improve survival for older women with breast cancer.
Activated neutrophils may trigger potentially fatal hemorrhage associated with some cancer treatments
Blocking the passage of immune cells could prevent dangerous complications in patients undergoing transplants or chemotherapy.
Patients with a particular molecular subtype of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) are more likely to respond to the drug ibrutinib than patients with another molecular subtype of the disease.
Stat Consult Slideshows
This slideshow reviews fluorouracil (5-FU), indicated for palliative treatment of breast cancer, colorectal cancer, gastric cancer, and carcinoma of the pancreas; also adjuvant treatment of colorectal cancer.
This slideshow reviews netupitant/palonosetron (Akynzeo), indicated for prevention of acute and delayed nausea and vomiting associated with initial and repeat courses of cancer chemotherapy.
This slideshow reviews bevacizumab (Avastin), indicated for cervical cancer, in combination with paclitaxel and cisplatin or paclitaxel and topotecan in persistent, recurrent, or metastatic disease.
To view all content in our Stat Consult section, please click here.
- Overweight breast cancer survivors treated with tamoxifen may have higher risk for arm lymphedema
- Poor survival in multiple myeloma patients linked to genetic variation
- Unraveling of molecular changes in acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) opens new treatment options
- Profile of neratinib and its potential in the treatment of breast cancer
- Religiousness and spirituality have a significant impact on cancer patients' overall health and outcomes
- Race and institutional factors play important roles in pharmacogenomics trial participation
- Research group looking to bring Cuba's lung cancer vaccine to the United States
- Patients with advanced cancer prefer open, effective communication
- 26 percent of senior oncology patients use alternative therapies
- Older, younger patients with metastatic pancreatic cancer have similar survival
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|