Chemotherapy and Drug Information
Blood Test Identifies Mutations Behind Drug Resistance in Patients Taking Antiandrogen for Prostate Cancer
Scientists developed a blood test that can identify key mutations driving resistance to a widely used prostate cancer drug and which patients will not respond to the treatment in advance.
Researchers identified propentofylline as a drug that could help treat patients with the deadly brain cancer glioblastoma multiforme.
Personalized Antinausea Regimens More Effective in Cancer Patients Receiving Emetogenic Chemotherapy
A personalized approach to treating nausea and vomiting, the most expected side effects of chemotherapy, is far more effective than the existing one-size-fits-all guidelines.
TESARO Inc has announced that rolapitant (Varubi), a neurokinin-1 (NK-1) receptor antagonist, is now available in the United States.
New and better drugs to treat diseases such as advanced breast cancer will have little effect on improving patient outcomes if a country does not have good health care structures in place.
Study findings may explain why chemotherapy drugs such as gemcitabine are not effective for many patients with pancreatic cancer, and perhaps point to new approaches to treatment including enhancing gemcitabine's ability to stop tumor growth.
The protein cytokeratin 5 (CK5), known to be a marker of poor prognosis in patients with breast cancer, also marks ovarian cancers likely to be resistant to the common chemotherapy cisplatin.
The use of superlatives such as breakthrough, revolutionary, miracle' or other grandiose terms to describe cancer drugs was found to be common even when drugs were not yet approved, had no clinical data, or not yet shown overall survival benefits.
Concurrent Radiotherapy With Oral Fluoropyrimidine Versus Gemcitabine in Locally Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
[OncoTargets and Therapy] This research evaluates the efficacy and toxicities of oral FU-based CRT compared with GEM-based CRT for the treatment of locally advanced pancreatic cancer (LAPC).
[OncoTargets and Therapy] This research examines the use of pembrolizumab for the management of advanced melanoma.
Stat Consult Slideshows
This slideshow reviews fluorouracil (5-FU), indicated for palliative treatment of breast cancer, colorectal cancer, gastric cancer, and carcinoma of the pancreas; also adjuvant treatment of colorectal cancer.
This slideshow reviews netupitant/palonosetron (Akynzeo), indicated for prevention of acute and delayed nausea and vomiting associated with initial and repeat courses of cancer chemotherapy.
This slideshow reviews bevacizumab (Avastin), indicated for cervical cancer, in combination with paclitaxel and cisplatin or paclitaxel and topotecan in persistent, recurrent, or metastatic disease.
To view all content in our Stat Consult section, please click here.
- Risk of Some Cancers Modestly Increased in Persons Who Had Herpes Zoster
- Targeted Treatment Produces Rapid Shrinkage of Recurrent BRAF-mutant Brain Tumor
- Blood Test Indicates Breast Cancer Tumors Developed Resistance to Hormone Treatment
- Breakthrough Advance Announced in International Blood Cancer Drug Trial
- Gut Bacteria Can Dramatically Amplify Cancer Immunotherapy
- Breastfeeding Associated With A Reduced Risk of Aggressive Breast Cancer
- Hospitals Should Enact Bereavement Programs, Researchers Urge
- Physical Activity Communications Should be Part of Oncology Care Clinic Visits With Patients
- Communication Practices of Many US Physicians May Be Discouraging HPV Vaccination
- Navigation Program Tackles Cancer Care on Two Fronts
- Liquid Biopsy of Cerebrospinal Fluid More Effective in Managing Brain Tumors
- Nivolumab Indications Extended to Include Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma
- S-1 as First-line Chemo for HER2- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Nanoliposomal Irinotecan Extends Survival in Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood Test Identifies Mutations Behind Drug Resistance in Patients Taking Antiandrogen for Prostate Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|