Chemotherapy and Drug Information
The mechanism of metronomic chemotherapy: Improved tumor blood supply leads to better treatment .
Survivors of testicular cancer are more likely to develop metabolic syndrome after platinum-based chemotherapy.
Light/dark cycle of the day influences inflammatory processes in various tissues in the body, potentially affecting risk factors in patients with cancer.
Administering chemotherapy to African-American women with breast cancer prior to surgery may help improve their survival.
Chemotherapy may be overused among young and middle-aged adults with colon cancer, with the addition of adjuvant chemotherapy not resulting in a matched survival benefit.
I was surprised to see an order for arsenic recently. What is this being used for?
In a phase 3 trial, researchers determined if weekly nab-paclitaxel was noninferior to weekly solvent-based paclitaxel with respect to overall survival in patients requiring second-line treatment for advanced gastric cancer.
Researchers investigated whether VRd, which has demonstrated significant efficacy in newly diagnosed multiple myeloma, would improve outcomes in patients with previously untreated myeloma who are not planned for immediate ASCT.
In this study, researchers sought to identify physical, neurocognitive, and serologic markers that may correlate with self-reported fatigue before and after (neo)adjuvant chemotherapy for patients with early-stage breast cancer.
Study evaluated differences in survival with respect to the time interval between tumor resection and initiation of postoperative chemotherapy in patients with NSCLC.
Stat Consult Slideshows
This slideshow reviews fluorouracil (5-FU), indicated for palliative treatment of breast cancer, colorectal cancer, gastric cancer, and carcinoma of the pancreas; also adjuvant treatment of colorectal cancer.
This slideshow reviews netupitant/palonosetron (Akynzeo), indicated for prevention of acute and delayed nausea and vomiting associated with initial and repeat courses of cancer chemotherapy.
This slideshow reviews bevacizumab (Avastin), indicated for cervical cancer, in combination with paclitaxel and cisplatin or paclitaxel and topotecan in persistent, recurrent, or metastatic disease.
To view all content in our Stat Consult section, please click here.
- Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs May Prevent Breast Cancer Recurrence
- BBD Regimen Efficacious as First-line Therapy for Myeloma
- Idelalisib Increases Progression-Free Survival in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Trends in Behaviors, Medical Practice Indicate Mortality From Melanoma Will Decline
- Pembrolizumab Active Against Rare Melanoma, Extends Survival in Bladder Cancer
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Nut Consumption Inversely Associated With Lung Cancer Risk
- Decipher Genomic Classifier Prognostic for Distant Prostate Metastasis
- GUCS 2017: Adjuvant Trials in Post-radical Prostatectomy Prostate Cancer Feasible
- Annual Screening of High-Risk Smokers Only More Cost-effective Than Current Methods
- Blood Test Predicts Stem Cell Transplant Success in Myelodysplastic Syndrome
- Metronomic Chemotherapy: Improved Tumor Blood Supply Leads to Better Treatment
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|