Some of our patients receive olanzapine (Zyprexa) as an antiemetic. Is this a typical use of this drug?
Clinicians should discuss the prophylactic use of tamoxifen as well as two other agents with women 35 years and older and at increased risk of ER-positive breast cancer, per ASCO recommendations.
ASCO encourages providers to speak to women at increased BC risk about the benefits, hazards of chemoprevention as a clinical option.
Changes in the expression of microRNA-34c 6 months after treatment with a medicine to prevent lung cancer correlated with a benefit from the drug that was seen much later.
The COX-2 inhibitor celecoxib (Celebrex)—often prescribed to relieve arthritis pain, swelling, and stiffness—appears to have potential as a powerful chemopreventive agent for lung cancer.
Researchers have discovered how a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) can inhibit tumor growth, according to a study published in Cancer Cell (2010 Jun 15;17(6):560-73).
Researchers have developed a method to produce cells that kill tumor cells and prevent new tumors from forming, according to a study published in Science (2010 Jun 10. [Epub ahead of print]).
People who have higher intakes of dietary vitamin K decrease their risk of developing non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, according to researchers from the Mayo Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Increased consumption of fruits and vegetables leads to only a small effect on cancer risk, according to a report published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute (2010 Apr 6. [Epub ahead of print]).
Breast cancer patients may soon be able to benefit from extract from a bitter melon that kills and inhibits the growth of cancer cells, according to a researcher from Saint Louis University.
Mango extracts may prevent or stop cancer growth in certain breast and colon cells, according to a study conducted by Texas AgriLife Research food scientists.
- Whole Genome Sequencing Reveals that 12% of Childhood Cancer Survivors Have Mutations in Genes that Increase Cancer Risk
- Increased 5-Year Survival Rate Seen in NSCLC Subset Treated With Nivolumab
- Novel Test For Multiple Myeloma Uses Microchip, Conventional Blood Sample
- Health Care Expansion Tied to Increased Rates of Surgical Treatment of Thyroid Cancer
- Including Informal Caregivers of Elderly in Discharge Process Reduces Readmission Risk
- Exercise, Psychological Interventions Better for Cancer Fatigue Than Medications
- ASCO Issues Global Guidance for HPV Vaccination for Cervical Cancer Prevention
- Discharge Events Improved With Standardized Inpatient Palliative Care Consultation
- Little Opposition to Early Palliative Care for Symptom Management in Pediatric Oncology
- Physical Activity Improves Outcomes for Patients with Breast Cancer and Survivors
- CQGS Releases Standards for Surgical Care of Older Adults
- Radiation Protocol Deviations Linked to Worse Outcomes in Pediatric Brain Malignancy
- Use of Counseling, Surgery Rates Show Limited Physician Knowledge of Breast Cancer Genetic Testing
- Family History Does Not Exclude Active Surveillance as Treatment Option for Prostate Cancer
- Beans, Whole Grains in Diet Beneficial for Colorectal Cancer Survivors
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|