Some of our patients receive olanzapine (Zyprexa) as an antiemetic. Is this a typical use of this drug?
Clinicians should discuss the prophylactic use of tamoxifen as well as two other agents with women 35 years and older and at increased risk of ER-positive breast cancer, per ASCO recommendations.
ASCO encourages providers to speak to women at increased BC risk about the benefits, hazards of chemoprevention as a clinical option.
Changes in the expression of microRNA-34c 6 months after treatment with a medicine to prevent lung cancer correlated with a benefit from the drug that was seen much later.
The COX-2 inhibitor celecoxib (Celebrex)—often prescribed to relieve arthritis pain, swelling, and stiffness—appears to have potential as a powerful chemopreventive agent for lung cancer.
Researchers have discovered how a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) can inhibit tumor growth, according to a study published in Cancer Cell (2010 Jun 15;17(6):560-73).
Researchers have developed a method to produce cells that kill tumor cells and prevent new tumors from forming, according to a study published in Science (2010 Jun 10. [Epub ahead of print]).
People who have higher intakes of dietary vitamin K decrease their risk of developing non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, according to researchers from the Mayo Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Increased consumption of fruits and vegetables leads to only a small effect on cancer risk, according to a report published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute (2010 Apr 6. [Epub ahead of print]).
Breast cancer patients may soon be able to benefit from extract from a bitter melon that kills and inhibits the growth of cancer cells, according to a researcher from Saint Louis University.
Mango extracts may prevent or stop cancer growth in certain breast and colon cells, according to a study conducted by Texas AgriLife Research food scientists.
- Immunotherapy May Benefit Some Patients with Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma
- Screening Recommendations for Children with Common Cancer Predisposition Syndromes
- Significance of Prostate Cancer Treatment-Related Factors Differ in Black, White Men
- New Study Questions Standard Dosage for Treating Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Superior Tolerability, Efficacy With Alectinib in Treatment-Naïve ALK-poistive NSCLC
- Survivorship Care Plans: Providing A Blueprint for Health Care After Cancer
- Cancer Recurrence Fear Reduced by Novel Psychological Intervention
- Multifaceted Role of the Nurse Navigator Includes Palliative, Supportive Care
- Patient Navigators Found to Boost Lung Cancer Screening Rates
- Lack of Transfusion Services a Barrier to Hospice Care for Patients With Blood Cancers
- Aspirin Use May Lower Breast Cancer Risk in Women with Diabetes
- Ethnic Differences, Cultural Barriers Negatively Impact Mammography Follow-up Among Asian Ethnic Groups
- Study Questions Safety of E-cigarettes vs Regular Tobacco Cigarettes
- Changes in Pulmonary Function Tests in Breast Carcinoma Patients Treated With Locoregional Post-mastectomy Radiotherapy: Results of a Pilot Study
- Increases in Liver Cancer Incidence Influenced by Higher Rates of Comorbidities
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|