Some of our patients receive olanzapine (Zyprexa) as an antiemetic. Is this a typical use of this drug?
Clinicians should discuss the prophylactic use of tamoxifen as well as two other agents with women 35 years and older and at increased risk of ER-positive breast cancer, per ASCO recommendations.
ASCO encourages providers to speak to women at increased BC risk about the benefits, hazards of chemoprevention as a clinical option.
Changes in the expression of microRNA-34c 6 months after treatment with a medicine to prevent lung cancer correlated with a benefit from the drug that was seen much later.
The COX-2 inhibitor celecoxib (Celebrex)—often prescribed to relieve arthritis pain, swelling, and stiffness—appears to have potential as a powerful chemopreventive agent for lung cancer.
Researchers have discovered how a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) can inhibit tumor growth, according to a study published in Cancer Cell (2010 Jun 15;17(6):560-73).
Researchers have developed a method to produce cells that kill tumor cells and prevent new tumors from forming, according to a study published in Science (2010 Jun 10. [Epub ahead of print]).
People who have higher intakes of dietary vitamin K decrease their risk of developing non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, according to researchers from the Mayo Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Increased consumption of fruits and vegetables leads to only a small effect on cancer risk, according to a report published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute (2010 Apr 6. [Epub ahead of print]).
Breast cancer patients may soon be able to benefit from extract from a bitter melon that kills and inhibits the growth of cancer cells, according to a researcher from Saint Louis University.
Mango extracts may prevent or stop cancer growth in certain breast and colon cells, according to a study conducted by Texas AgriLife Research food scientists.
- Novel Blood Test Detects Cancer, Locates Tumor Without Invasive Procedures
- Cabozantinib Activates Innate Immune Response, Eliminating Prostate Cancer
- Shorter Treatment of Breast Cancer with Trastuzumab May Lead to Improved Results
- Colorectal Cancer Rates Increased Sharply Among Generation X and Millennials
- Pneumonia Associated With Common Cold May Cause Fatal Illness in Stem Cell Transplant Recipients
- Early Palliative Care Reduced ICU Use in Patients With Advanced Cancer
- Ginger Extract Raises Antioxidant Levels in Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy
- Nurse Navigators Improve Physician Engagement in Pretreatment Discussions
- Screening Increases Early Palliative Care, Reduces Aggressive EOL Measures
- Antiperspirants/Deodorants and Breast Cancer (Fact Sheet)
- Genome Sequencing Explains Resistance to CTLA-4 and PD-1 Inhibitors in Metastatic Melanoma
- Lifestyle Choices Have Greater Influence on Colon and Rectal Cancer Risk
- Kidney Cancer Metastases in Lung May Hide Undiagnosed Primary Lung Cancer
- Nasal Biomarker in Smokers Could Predict Lung Cancer
- Arm Lymphoscintigraphy After Axillary Lymph Node Dissection or Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Breast Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|