Investigators reviewed clinical data from patients with cancer and pre-existing rheumatic disease treated with ipilimumab, nivolumab, or pembrolizumab.
[Journal of Gastrointestinal Oncology] A review of diagnostic parameters and management modalities for checkpoint inhibitor-induced hepatic toxicity is presented.
Using a mouse model of HER2+ breast cancer, researchers tested the efficiency of combined epigenetic modulation and checkpoint inhibition using the histone deacetylase inhibitor ENT and antibodies for 2 checkpoint inhibitor proteins. These findings were presented at the 2017 SABCS.
As the use of checkpoint inhibitors increases in many types of cancer, oncology nurses need to learn to recognize the signs and symptoms of pneumonitis, a rare but life-threatening adverse effect of these agents.
Studies presented in the last year demonstrated a revolutionary role for immune checkpoint inhibitors in the treatment of urothelial carcinoma.
Patients with advanced kidney cancer received broad-spectrum antibiotics less than a month before initiating immune checkpoint inhibitor therapy.
A healthy immune system may be the key to effective radiation therapy for cancer patients.
Research in mouse models has identified molecules that can bind to cancer cells and induce apoptosis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Oral Contraceptive Use May Not Be Associated With Increased Melanoma Risk
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Staff Education Leads to Increase in Oncology Rehabilitation Referrals
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Gender Bias in Medicine Has Far-Reaching Consequences
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- Patient Interest in Melanoma Genetic Risk Testing is Fairly High
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|