Using a mouse model of HER2+ breast cancer, researchers tested the efficiency of combined epigenetic modulation and checkpoint inhibition using the histone deacetylase inhibitor ENT and antibodies for 2 checkpoint inhibitor proteins. These findings were presented at the 2017 SABCS.
As the use of checkpoint inhibitors increases in many types of cancer, oncology nurses need to learn to recognize the signs and symptoms of pneumonitis, a rare but life-threatening adverse effect of these agents.
Studies presented in the last year demonstrated a revolutionary role for immune checkpoint inhibitors in the treatment of urothelial carcinoma.
Patients with advanced kidney cancer received broad-spectrum antibiotics less than a month before initiating immune checkpoint inhibitor therapy.
A healthy immune system may be the key to effective radiation therapy for cancer patients.
Research in mouse models has identified molecules that can bind to cancer cells and induce apoptosis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- FDA Issues Warning for Rolapitant Injectable Emulsion in the Treatment of CINV
- Risk Factors for Arterial, Venous Thrombosis Differ in Polycythemia Vera
- Patient Satisfaction Ratings Can Be Negatively Impacted by Nurse Staffing Ratio
- Resolving Vaginal Dryness in Women With a History of Breast Cancer
- BRCA Mutation Improves Prognosis for 2-year Survival in Younger-onset TNBC
- Pertuzumab Regimen Approved for Adjuvant, Neoadjuvant Therapy in Specific Breast Cancers
- Common Oncologic Emergencies That Occur With Multiple Myeloma
- Artificial Sweeteners and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Blueberry Extract May Boost Efficacy of Radiotherapy for Cervical Cancer
- Dietary Estrogens Reduced Efficacy of Novel Breast Cancer Therapy
- Partial Response Achieved With Atezolizumab, Cobimetinib in Pretreated CRC
- Novel Approach Can Improve Both Colorectal Cancer Screening Outcomes and Adherence
- Survival Outcomes in Relapsed Hepatocellular Carcinoma Improved With Cabozantinib
- OS Similar With Gemcitabine Plus S-1 vs Standard Therapy for Biliary Tract Cancer
- Feasibility and Outcomes of Modified Enhanced Recovery After Surgery for Nursing Management of Aged Patients Undergoing Esophagectomy
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|