Generic Name and Formulations:
Aztreonam 75mg/vial; pwd for inhalation via nebulization after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Gilead Sciences, Inc.
Indications for CAYSTON:
To improve respiratory symptoms in cystic fibrosis patients with Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
Adults and Children:
<7yrs: not established. Use a short-acting bronchodilator 15 minutes to 4 hours before each dose; or a long-acting bronchodilator 30 minutes to 12 hours before starting therapy. >7yrs: 75mg (1 vial) by nebulization three times daily (at least 4 hours apart) for 28 days. Use Altera Nebulizer only.
Monobactam or beta-lactam allergy. FEV<25% or >75% predicted, patients colonized with Burkholderia cepacia: safety/effectiveness not established. Pregnancy (Cat.B).
Do not mix with other drugs in nebulizer.
Cough, nasal congestion, wheezing, pharyngolaryngeal pain, pyrexia, chest discomfort, abdominal pain, vomiting, rash; chest tightness, bronchospasm, allergic reactions (discontinue if occurs).
To support and assist patients with cystic fibrosis contact the Cayston Access Program at (877) 7CAYSTON. Should be administered immediately after reconstitution. Do not reconstitute until ready to administer a dose.
Vials—84 (w. diluent)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
- Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Test for Select BRCA Mutations Gets FDA Nod
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|