Generic Name and Formulations:
Clonidine HCl 0.1mg, 0.2mg, 0.3mg; tabs.
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
Indications for CATAPRES:
Initially 0.1mg twice daily. Usual range 0.2–0.6mg daily in divided doses; max 2.4mg/day.
Sinus node dysfunction. AV block. Pheochromocytoma: not effective. Conduction disturbances. Renal dysfunction. Avoid abrupt cessation. If local reaction occurs from patch, using tabs may cause generalized rash. Discontinue 4hrs before surgery; resume as soon as possible after surgery. Patch: remove before defibrillation, cardioversion, or MRI. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Antagonized by tricyclic antidepressants. Potentiates CNS depressants. Orthostatic regulation disturbances (eg, orthostatic hypotension, dizziness, fatigue) possible with neuroleptics. Monitor heart rate in patients receiving agents known to affect sinus node function or AV nodal conduction (eg, digitalis, calcium channel blockers, β-blockers).
Central alpha agonist.
Dry mouth, dry eye, drowsiness, dizziness, weakness, constipation, sedation, rash, myalgia, urticaria, nausea, insomnia, agitation, orthostatic hypotension, impotence, arrhythmias.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
- Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Test for Select BRCA Mutations Gets FDA Nod
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|