Generic Name and Formulations:
Carisoprodol 200mg, aspirin 325mg, codeine phosphate 16mg; tabs; contains sulfites.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Carisoprodol/Aspirin/Codeine:
Relief of painful musculoskeletal conditions.
1–2 tabs 4 times daily. May treat up to 2–3 weeks.
<16yrs: not established.
GI complication (eg, bleeding, perforation, obstruction) due to aspirin use. Aspirin-induced asthma. Carbamate sensitivity. NSAID allergy. Porphyria. Post-op pain management in children who have undergone tonsillectomy and/or adenoidectomy.
Risk of respiratory depression and death related to ultra-rapid metabolizers of codeine (esp. children in post-op tonsillectomy and/or adenoidectomy). Peptic ulcer. Gastritis. Acute abdominal conditions. Pancreatic or biliary duct disease. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. History of drug abuse. Asthma. COPD. Lung disease. Increased intracranial pressure. Dehydration. Use lowest effective dose for shortest duration. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.D). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Additive effects with alcohol, CNS depressants, oral anticoagulants, hypoglycemics and plasma bound drugs (eg, methotrexate); use caution. Alcohol, NSAIDs, and oral anticoagulants increase risk of GI bleeding. May reduce antihypertensive effects with concomitant ACEIs, ARBs, beta-blockers, diuretics. Uricosurics antagonized. Urine alkalinizers or acidifiers decrease or increase, respectively, aspirin levels.
Muscle relaxant (central) + salicylate + opioid.
Dizziness, drowsiness, vertigo, ataxia, GI upset or bleeding, epigastric discomfort, tachycardia, orthostatic hypotension, facial flushing, rash, tinnitus; respiratory depression, hypotension.
Formerly known under the brand name Soma Compound w. Codeine.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations Not Completely Reflective of Race, Age
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|