Study implicates higher doses of cardiac radiotherapy and exposure to high-dose anthracyclines.
Twenty-three percent of patients with HNSCC had CVD at the time of their diagnosis.
Both men and women who exercised 1 to 2 days each week conferred significant health benefits.
The younger the age at diagnosis, the greater the cardiac event risk, study suggests.
Dexrazoxane has cardioprotective properties that can prevent long-term cardiotoxicity in pediatric patients receiving chemotherapy, according to a review of the medical literature on cardiotoxic effects of anthracycline treatment.
The risk of developing cancer increases in people who experience heart failure after their first heart attack compared with people who experience no heart failure after their first heart attack.
Much of the risk related to long-acting opioids is tied to cardiovascular complications, not overdoses.
The incidence of cardiovascular events was down for patients with non-metastatic breast cancer that exercise.
Risk for Fatal Cardiovascular Events Not Increased in Patients With Breast Cancer Taking Aromatase InhibitorsMay 06, 2016
Risk of the most serious cardiovascular events, cardiac ischemia and stroke, were not increased in breast cancer patients taking aromatase inhibitors compared with tamoxifen users.
The risk of the most serious cardiovascular events, including cardiac ischemia and stroke, was not higher for breast cancer survivors who received an aromatase inhibitor (AI) compared with tamoxifen users.
Smokers have good reason to quit the habit both before and after a breast cancer diagnosis.
Early cardiovascular events are a risk for survivors of childhood cancer, according to researchers who also advocate for a unified definition of pediatric metabolic syndrome.
Risk for cardiovascular disease (CVD) in survivors of adult-onset cancer varies according to cancer type.
The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions released an expert consensus statement providing guidance for managing the treatment of patients facing concomitant cardiovascular disease and cancer.
Cardiovascular effects after treatment with anthracycline-containing chemotherapy (Anth-C) appear to be isolated to the heart.
Rates of some adverse events are significantly higher for these patients.
Among more than 1500 adults who underwent cardiac surgery, those who were divorced, separated, or widowed were more likely to have died or develop a new functional disability after the surgery compared with the married participants.
Although do-not-resuscitate (DNR) orders after in-hospital cardiac arrest were generally aligned with patients' likelihood of favorable neurological survival, almost two-thirds of patients with the worst prognosis did not have DNR orders, according to a new study.
About one-third of people believe alcohol is heart-healthy.
Risk of heart attack or stroke is similar for treatment with sulfonylureas or insulin, plus metformin, among patients with type 2 diabetes.
About 70% of Americans who have heart disease or a stroke regularly take low-dose aspirin.
A nationwide survey indicates that many hospital training programs have no formal training or services in cardio-oncology, and barriers exist to establishing these programs.
Many hospital training programs do not conduct formal training or services in cardio-oncology despite the impact of cancer therapy.
Granisetron plus dexamethasone may increase a patient's risk for developing an arrhythmia.
Researchers have found a high prevalence of metabolic syndrome in the US population.
Survivors of Hodgkin lymphoma seem to be at greater risk for cardiovascular events, according to recent research.
A high-protein diet may increase the risk of weight gain and early death for those at risk for heart disease.
Survivors of Hodgkin's lymphoma may be at a higher risk for cardiovascular diseases.
52% of those ages 45 to 75 years use aspirin, and another 21% had used it at some point in the past.
New statement addresses treatment goals for patients with high blood pressure who also have vascular diseases.
- Immunotherapy May Benefit Some Patients with Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma
- Screening Recommendations for Children with Common Cancer Predisposition Syndromes
- Significance of Prostate Cancer Treatment-Related Factors Differ in Black, White Men
- New Study Questions Standard Dosage for Treating Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Superior Tolerability, Efficacy With Alectinib in Treatment-Naïve ALK-poistive NSCLC
- Survivorship Care Plans: Providing A Blueprint for Health Care After Cancer
- Cancer Recurrence Fear Reduced by Novel Psychological Intervention
- Multifaceted Role of the Nurse Navigator Includes Palliative, Supportive Care
- Patient Navigators Found to Boost Lung Cancer Screening Rates
- Lack of Transfusion Services a Barrier to Hospice Care for Patients With Blood Cancers
- Breast Cancer Overdiagnosis Also a Result of Screening Mammography Programs
- Use of Aspirin, NSAIDs Correlates with Improved Overall Survival in Colorectal Cancer
- Cancer Risk Not Increased by Childhood Exposure to Diagnostic Radiation
- Aspirin Use May Lower Breast Cancer Risk in Women with Diabetes
- Ethnic Differences, Cultural Barriers Negatively Impact Mammography Follow-up Among Asian Ethnic Groups
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|