Paclitaxel administered with carboplatin on a weekly basis is not associated with improved progression-free survival.
In a study of women with triple-negative breast cancer, adding carboplatin or Avastin to standard chemotherapy drugs brought a sharp increase in the number of patients whose tumors shrank away completely. This was reported at the 2013 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
How soon should the creatinine be measured when dosing carboplatin (Paraplatin)?
An increased risk of coronary artery stenosis in cancer survivors may be a long-term posttreatment effect of chest radiotherapy.
Key studies presented at the 2011 Oncology Congress focus on treatments, prevention, and early diagnosis of GI tract cancers.
- Novel Blood Test Detects Cancer, Locates Tumor Without Invasive Procedures
- Cabozantinib Activates Innate Immune Response, Eliminating Prostate Cancer
- Shorter Treatment of Breast Cancer with Trastuzumab May Lead to Improved Results
- Colorectal Cancer Rates Increased Sharply Among Generation X and Millennials
- Pneumonia Associated With Common Cold May Cause Fatal Illness in Stem Cell Transplant Recipients
- Early Palliative Care Reduced ICU Use in Patients With Advanced Cancer
- Ginger Extract Raises Antioxidant Levels in Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy
- Nurse Navigators Improve Physician Engagement in Pretreatment Discussions
- Screening Increases Early Palliative Care, Reduces Aggressive EOL Measures
- Antiperspirants/Deodorants and Breast Cancer (Fact Sheet)
- Genome Sequencing Explains Resistance to CTLA-4 and PD-1 Inhibitors in Metastatic Melanoma
- Lifestyle Choices Have Greater Influence on Colon and Rectal Cancer Risk
- Kidney Cancer Metastases in Lung May Hide Undiagnosed Primary Lung Cancer
- Nasal Biomarker in Smokers Could Predict Lung Cancer
- Arm Lymphoscintigraphy After Axillary Lymph Node Dissection or Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Breast Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|