CARAFATE SUSPENSION Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Indications for CARAFATE SUSPENSION:
Short-term (up to 8 weeks) treatment of active duodenal ulcer. Maintenance of healed duodenal ulcers (tabs only).
Active: 1g 4 times daily on an empty stomach for 4–8 weeks. Maintenance: 1g 2 times daily.
Susp: administer by oral route only; do not give intravenously. Monitor for glycemia in diabetic patients. Chronic renal failure. Dialysis. Tabs: swallowing impairment (eg, recent or prolonged intubation, tracheostomy, history of aspiration, dysphagia, others). Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Avoid antacids within 30mins of dosing. May reduce absorption of tetracyclines, quinidine, levothyroxine, phenytoin, cimetidine, digoxin, ciprofloxacin, norfloxacin, ketoconazole, ranitidine, theophylline; dose concomitant drugs 2hrs before sucralfate. Additive aluminum load with aluminum-containing antacids. Monitor warfarin.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Triplet Regimen Found Most Effective for Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Integrating Preoperative Oral Care Into Cancer Treatment Plans
- Current Status and Dilemma of Second-line Treatment in Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: Is There a Silver Lining?
- American Association for Cancer Research Releases Its 2018 Annual Report
- Pulmonary Toxicity Increased in Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma Treated With Brentuximab Vedotin
- Benefit of Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer Observed With Midrange Gene Assay Score
- Antioxidant Interaction With Cancer Therapy
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- Myeloablative Conditioning Effective in AML Secondary to MDS/MPN Prior to Allogeneic HCT
- Insurance Status Influences Overall Survival in Follicular Lymphoma
- Endocrine Society Released Guidelines for Managing Endocrine Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Skin Cancer Screening: Are They Effective?
- Metronidazole, Vancomycin Recommended for C Difficile in Pediatric Oncology, HSCT
- CDC: HPV Vaccination Rates on the Rise Among Adolescents
- High-Dose vs Standard-Dose Flu Vaccine in Elderly Receiving Chemotherapy
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|