Use of Adjuvant gemcitabine plus capecitabine for patients with pancreatic cancer who have undergone tumor resection resulted in a modest increase short-term survival.
Drug-drug interaction between capecitabine and common heartburn medications has a negative effect on progression-free survival and overall survival in patients with GI cancer.
Adjuvant gemcitabine plus capecitabine significantly improved overall survival compared with gemcitabine monotherapy in patients with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma, according to results of the ESPAC-4 trial presented at the ASCO 2016 Annual Meeting.
The FDA approved Perjeta (pertuzumab) for the neoadjuvant treatment of breast cancer, first generic version of Xeloda (capecitabine) has gained FDA approval, and other FDA actions.
A generic version of the oral chemotherapy drug Xeloda (capecitabine) has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to treat cancers of the colon/rectum or breast.
In women with previously treated metastatic breast cancer who shared certain traits, treatment with the newer chemotherapy agent eribulin mesylate had increased benefit over capecitabine.
A drug used for metastatic breast cancer after several previous treatments may improve survival when administered earlier in the disease course.
Adding cetuximab to the treatment regimen of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer (CRC) results in worse outcomes, a controlled trial has shown.
A cancer patient was detained for four hours by immigration officials in the US because one of his cancer drugs had caused his fingerprints to disappear.
- Immunotherapy May Benefit Some Patients with Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma
- Screening Recommendations for Children with Common Cancer Predisposition Syndromes
- Significance of Prostate Cancer Treatment-Related Factors Differ in Black, White Men
- New Study Questions Standard Dosage for Treating Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Superior Tolerability, Efficacy With Alectinib in Treatment-Naïve ALK-poistive NSCLC
- Survivorship Care Plans: Providing A Blueprint for Health Care After Cancer
- Cancer Recurrence Fear Reduced by Novel Psychological Intervention
- Multifaceted Role of the Nurse Navigator Includes Palliative, Supportive Care
- Patient Navigators Found to Boost Lung Cancer Screening Rates
- Lack of Transfusion Services a Barrier to Hospice Care for Patients With Blood Cancers
- Breast Cancer Overdiagnosis Also a Result of Screening Mammography Programs
- Use of Aspirin, NSAIDs Correlates with Improved Overall Survival in Colorectal Cancer
- Cancer Risk Not Increased by Childhood Exposure to Diagnostic Radiation
- Aspirin Use May Lower Breast Cancer Risk in Women with Diabetes
- Ethnic Differences, Cultural Barriers Negatively Impact Mammography Follow-up Among Asian Ethnic Groups
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|