Generic Name and Formulations:
Capreomycin (as sulfate) 1g/vial; pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution, or IM inj after reconstitution.
Indications for CAPASTAT:
Adjunct in susceptible tuberculosis when first-line agents (INH, rifampin, ethambutol, aminosalicylic acid, streptomycin) are inappropriate.
Give by IV infusion over 1 hour or deep IM inj. 1g (max 20mg/kg) daily for 60–120 days, then 1g (max 20mg/kg) 2–3 times per week; max 20mg/kg per day. Treat for 12–24 months. Renal dysfunction: reduce dose (see full labeling).
Renal or auditory impairment. Monitor vestibular and auditory function at baseline and during therapy. Monitor renal function at baseline and during therapy; reduce dose or discontinue if BUN>30mg/dL or if renal function decreases. Monitor hepatic function and serum potassium. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C; teratogenic; see full labeling). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant streptomycin, other parenteral antituberculars: not recommended. Increased toxicity with other neuro/ototoxic drugs (eg, aminoglycosides).
Neurotoxicity (esp. ototoxicity), renal toxicity, leukocytosis, leukopenia, abnormal liver function tests, inj site reactions (eg, pain, induration, bleeding), rash.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Ciprofloxacin Plus Doxycycline Reduces Infection Rate in Multiple Myeloma Post-ASCT
- Prognostic Significance of Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Expression in Glioma Patients
- Fathers Can Pass Inherited Ovarian Cancer Risk to Daughters
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|