Using data from previous analyses and several state medical cannabis programs, investigators assessed how social attitudes, health issues, and state laws affect the use of cannabis among persons older than 50 years.
Oral cannabinoids can ease chronic pain and chemotherapy-related nausea, but researchers cite risks, as well.
Pain response—sensitivity and tolerance—after use of active cannabis differs between men and women.
Patients periodically ask about the use of marijuana in cancer treatment. Is there any data about this?
Clinically relevant psychotropic side effects plus ineffectiveness halted study of cannabis use to prevent postoperative nausea.
Cannabis and cannabinoid pharmaceuticals can prove beneficial for nausea and vomiting, pain, weight loss; but more research is needed on potential harmful side effects.
Rates of death resulting from opioid analgesic overdoses are lower in states that allow medical use of marijuana compared with states without such laws.
The main psychoactive ingredient in cannabis could reduce tumor growth in cancer patients.
A recent study finds that smoking cannabis increases a man's risk of developing testicular cancer
- Cabozantinib Activates Innate Immune Response, Eliminating Prostate Cancer
- Shorter Treatment of Breast Cancer with Trastuzumab May Lead to Improved Results
- Risk of Second Cancers Increased in Hodgkin Lymphoma Survivors
- Directly Informing Patients of Breast Cancer Risk, Options Improves Follow-Up Screening
- Kidney Cancer Metastases in Lung May Hide Undiagnosed Primary Lung Cancer
- Early Palliative Care Reduced ICU Use in Patients With Advanced Cancer
- Ginger Extract Raises Antioxidant Levels in Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy
- Nurse Navigators Improve Physician Engagement in Pretreatment Discussions
- Novel Blood Test Detects Cancer, Locates Tumor Without Invasive Procedures
- Screening Increases Early Palliative Care, Reduces Aggressive EOL Measures
- Free Lung Cancer Screening Findings Support Continual Screenings in High-Risk Populations
- Parental Self-persuasion in Low-Income Groups Improves HPV Vaccination Rates
- Discharge Events Improved With Standardized Inpatient Palliative Care Consultation
- Shared Decision-making Visits Improved Comfort With Lung Cancer Screening Decisions
- Temozolomide With Radiotherapy for Glioblastoma Provides Some Survival Benefit in Elderly
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|